About the Role:
The Reliability Technician will provide feedback to Reliability Engineers on design performance and suggest improvements based upon data. They will assist with data analysis for reports and procedures to document key knowledge learning. Operates and develops fixtures for life and failure modes testing to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Setup and conduct reliability testing of refrigerated merchandizer components and support systems, make observations and interpret findings
- Identifies critical failures during testing (FRACAS)
- Recommends modifications of existing testing standards to achieve optimum quality
- Collects, evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards
- Documents procedures/best practices
- Constructs and assists the design of new testing fixtures
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Technical Associates Degree. Basic understanding of refrigeration equipment and systems preferred
- Two years related experience and/or training (laboratory, quality, electronics, model shop or similar)
- Able to follow procedures, manuals, operating and maintenance instructions
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment:
- HALT & ALT testing and fixtures such as environmental chambers, vibration tables, repetitive stress cyclers, etc.
- Measurement equipment such as power supplies, electronic loads, multimeters, DAQ, thermocouples, etc.
- Drawings and electrical diagrams interpretation
- Ability to think analytically and critically
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Excellent physical condition and endurance
- Works well with others and transfers learning to organization effectively
- Good communications written and verbal
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.