Work as a member of the Reliability & Test Engineering department as a core member of the Reliability Team. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for the execution of the Design for Reliability (DFR) process. The process is based upon a physics of failure methodology, which requires an in-depth understanding of how a component functions and its failure modes.
- Reliability test plan (DVP&R) development and review for components/subsystems/systems developed for refrigerated supermarket products
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Drive system and subsystem reliability assessments and predictions during design.
- Capable of applying Design-of-Experiments, Montecarlo analysis, fea simulations concepts to develop robust designs.
- Make design recommendations to improve reliability and resolve conflicting requirements
- Deliver significant reliability improvements as measured by engineering, manufacturing, and service metrics, and
project the total life cycle costs of predicted reliability through the life of the product/components.
- Product reliability prediction modeling
- Development of simulation models to assess reliability based upon metaphysics analysis application of mechanical, electrical, mechanics within applied environmental stress applications implement reliability growth and/or qualification tests to validate predictions.
Scope & Dimensions:
The sales of refrigerated supermarket equipment is roughly a 2.25 billion dollar business. The business serves the retail food market and includes customers such as Wal-Mart, Kroger, Safeway, Sobeys, and Whole Foods, etc. The engineering department has roughly 150 salaried employees to support this activity. This position contributes to the company's success in providing reliable, energy-efficient, and top-performing equipment to this business segment.BS degree(s) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, MS preferred
• Graduate level classes in Reliability Engineering preferred.
• 2-5 years of product design. Ideal design experience would be in mass-produced products.
• Experience in launching new products within the structured product development process
• Excellent communication skills, oral & written. (internal and external)
• Strong analytical skills.
• Expertise in methods and tools such as probabilistic mechanical design, product robustness testing, compliance requirements
Experience with new technologies (Additive manufacturing, Electronics, etc), preferred