Panasonic – Regional Sales Manager, Southwest
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
Responsible for developing new business, support authorized/premium installers and channel sales for solar & storage products, driving sales volumes to achieve forecast and budget on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The Regional Sales Manager will be the main point of contact for our distributors, installers and builders being responsible to introduce our current and future products to the market. Able to assist in sales & marketing activities, including trade shows and distributor events.
THIS IS A CALIFORNIA POSITION THAT WILL BE MAINLY FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING THE WESTERN TERRITORY BUT MAY ALSO SERVE AND SUPPORT SOME NATIONAL ACTIVITIES. The Candidate should be located in Southern California, Phoenix, AZ or Las Vegas, NV.
- Achievement of sales budget each quarter while maintaining promotional budget and conducting with forecast with frequent adjustment to maintain within plus or minus 5% accuracy level.
- Develop new trade channels such as builders/construction companies, C&I and residential ESS. Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers, manufacturer’s representatives and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for both solar and storage products.
- Identify and participate in industry events in order to market company product and services capability and capture market data, industry trends, competitive information and potential partnerships or alliances. Deliver regular market research and competitive positioning / pricing analysis to Sales Management. Work with the marketing team to identify Installers and Distributors needs and develop beneficial resources - such as sales presentations, collateral sales and any other services.
- Assist Sales engineer and Sales Head to propose new products, features, and solutions to meet specific market needs. Gather requirements that will be necessary to introduce such new offerings to the market. Submit detailed Monthly sales report to the Sales Head with customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new product. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all Panasonic Solar & Storage products, features, benefits and competitive advantages and is able to make cogent presentations using Power Point and other materials to communicate that message to customers.
- Work closely with operations team and customer support team to insure products are delivered per customer's demands as well as develop and execute countermeasure plan for excess inventory by end of each quarter.
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 5 + years relevant experience in sales of solar products.
- Sales leadership experience and strong communication and negotiation abilities are a strong plus
- Knowledge of photovoltaic and related product as well as its market and policy required
- Experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred.
- Proven problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Reports to the National Sales Manager
- Located in Southern California and requires up to 70% travel in field & headquarter support.
- Thinks strategically and innovatively about improving our business in a very complex and competitive marketplace.
- Proactively promotes cross-team collaboration throughout the division and company.
- Is dynamic and proactive with all levels to support a winning team at trade and internal Panasonic.
- Strong listening and negotiation skills and proven verbal and written abilities.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive products and industry trends
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.