Panasonic – Regional Sales Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
The search is on for a hunter involved with Process Automation Software and Equipment? Have you had the opportunity to drive a business' revenue stream and help build out new logos? Then this is the role you want to pursue. Become a part of a team of outstanding professionals. We welcome top talent to the team and we are looking for you.
This position is responsible for assuring maintenance of existing accounts and for new business development in the New England with potential to expand. Solicits and maintains favorable contact with current and potential customers and prime accounts. Develop sales of product by identifying, analyzing, and meeting customer requirements. Coordinates sales negotiations and administrative support with appropriate sales, product/marketing management, engineering, and finance personnel. Provides information for forecasting market sales and developing departmental budgets.
Maintain Existing Business:
- Maintain and expand current business through effective support, service, account management and sales promotion.
- Account Responsibility: Assume total account responsibility, including service, credit and delivery.
- Maintain communication with product management to assure customer support and engineering assistance. Recommends stock levels and requests for new products to meet customer needs.
- Works with Product Management and or Sales Management for special pricing to meet competitive levels or specifically targeted markets (does not set pricing).
- Achieve objectives working through multiple levels of support functions that may or may not have a direct reporting relationship.
- Planning/Forecasting: Assists in developing annual and long range strategic business plans as it pertains to assigned major accounts. Owns the forecast for his/her respective territory.
- Sales Revenue: The revenue will vary depending on accounts assigned, product and territory. Each division will decide according to business plan acceptable sales revenue level.
- Expense Control: Responsible for maintaining expenditures and inventories within set limits, as well as responsibility for budgets to the extent authorized.
- The ability to manage and develop independent (non PSSNA-PA) manufacturer’s representatives to support the territory sales activities.
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or Marketing with a technical background is preferred.
- Eight or more years of industry specific account management or sales and marketing experience as it pertains to the business unit products(s) and/or customers.
- Broad working knowledge of Surface Mount Technology or Electronics Manufacturing processes and techniques is desired.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills are essential.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time (including possible international) required of the position.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.