Panasonic –Regional Sales Manager-Industrial Automation (BioMedical/Packaging)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position is responsible for creating demand for Industrial Automation Sales (IAS), a member of Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales of America (PIDSA), under Panasonic North America. The IAS Regional Sales Manager is responsible for developing demand for Panasonic automation products, technically supporting a limited number of targeted accounts in the territory, and successfully managing the distributor relationship within the assigned region in order to develop and maximize the sale of IAS products to end users. Strong personal relationships and selling skills, technical expertise and in-depth knowledge of industrial automation products and services are used to initiate action to get IA products designed in and ordered at OEM and end user accounts.
Drive Demand Creation:
- Prospect, Identify, Prioritize, and TARGET customers in the Region.
- Develop STRATEGIC sales plans for KEY Accounts
- Expand sales at existing customers in the Region
Manage Existing Relationships & Strategies:
- Design-in activity at TARGET customers buying through distribution channels.
- Analyze and maintain regional sales data and when appropriate, assigned vertical industry information
- Manage opportunity pipeline (increase size, number, and capture rate of opportunities).
- Manage Panasonic team resources and activities in the region.
Manage Distributors in the assigned region in support of the goals above and to achieve divisional goals and objectives. Coordinate activities with Distributor branches in region.
Establish a sales plan for the territory adhering to divisional goals and objectives Forecast fiscal year budget and month-to-plan; accurate PSI, FLASH. Manage finances (assure collection ratio in line with IAS goals, minimize credit losses, minimize inventory losses). CRM Reporting (account profile, project management, contact management).
Lead geographic area/group sales strategies and revenue generation in alignment with overall divisional and corporate goals; follow up on new leads, grow accounts, identify & create new business opportunities (NBOs), and close NBOs to a sale.
Provides or arranges technical support for distributors and customers for IAS products
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of successful full-cycle sales experience selling a technical product line, preferably industrial automation products, various local vertical markets. Sales or technical experience with Programmable Logic Controller, Human Machine Interface, Motion Control and Servos, or Industrial Sensors is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical field strongly preferred or equivalent relevant work experience. Working knowledge of mechanical, electronic and electrical engineering concepts and terms.
- Proven strong background of direct selling to customers and managing dealer/distributor relationship.
- Key industry contacts / relationships within assigned region and industry markets. Strong written, negotiation, and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high level internal/external contacts.
- Strong sales discipline and negotiation capabilities; strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with a strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Strong project management skills.
- Capable of managing a large territory and knowledgeable of assigned region.
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial (opportunity focused, results driven).
- Customer focused (proactively improves customer relations, responsive, identifies needs, monitors satisfaction).
- Change orientation (clear vision, sense of urgency, effective prioritization and adjustment of activities, effective time management, leverage of resources).
- Communication and collaboration (high level of proactive communication both written and oral, builds networks, collects and shares wisdom through training and experience.
- Passion (decisive, focused, and proactive drive for execution, raises the bar, independently implements solutions.
- Strategic Thinking (innovative approach to complex business challenges).
- Internal: Director, Product Managers, Customer Service, Technical Support, Field Application Engineer, AR Dept.
- External: Customers, Dealers/Distributors
- High level of persuasion
- 25-30% travel required.
- May be required to wear protective gear when visiting customer/vendor work sites.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.