Responsible for selling complex technical products and services related to the connectivity product line. Develops new accounts and/or expands existing accounts within a small to medium established territory/geographic area. Oversee sales planning, coordination, preparation, approval and support of connectivity & services proposals to airlines. Acts as the regional Subject Matter Expert (SME) for connectivity and related products. Generally not account-assigned; called into accounts as opportunities are identified and may work with account-assigned sales account managers to close sale and/or generate unique proposals for new service offerings. Contract negotiation and coordination (in association with contracts department) with the airline customer. Partner with Regional and Connectivity Account Managers on program implementation for connectivity services once they are sold in coordination with the Program Manager assigned to the program. Manages, through matrix organization, the coordination of the activities towards the sales of services with responsibility/accountability for results, including costs, profit, methods and staffing.
Sales of Connectivity Services
- Determine potential customers and determine a strategy for winning contracts for connectivity & related services.
- Strategy would be performed and implemented with regional sales focal where available.
- Develop and maintain detailed information on potential customer organizations, key decision makers, and key influencers with the purpose of fostering relationship between customer and Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
- Ensure proper implementation of marketing programs, product promotions, and service offerings in order to maintain Panasonic Avionics Corporation as the preferred GCS Service provider.
- Keep informed of competitors, developments, and trends. Provides regular reports on activities and opportunities.
- Manage sales forecast/bookings and helps to establish sales growth and profit targets.
- Develop the value proposition presentation and sales tools for regional Marketing Managers to use to promote sales of connectivity & services.
- Assess and/or develop understanding of the connectivity services and the value it provides to airlines in order to reach company profit and sales targets.
- Develop Company Intelligence on the sale of connectivity & services
Proposal Generation for Connectivity & Services
- Research information to develop specific quotes for customers for standard and customized services.
- Coordinate proposal with account management groups, compile, check and approve P and L and proposal, then discuss with and obtain approval from senior management and Finance prior to submitting to customers
Contract Negotiation and Coordination with the Airline Customer
- Team with contracts manager to negotiate connectivity contracts with airline customers.
- Coordinate key issues with senior management prior to contract completion.
Program Implementation for Connectivity Services
- Once a program is sold, the sales support manager will coordinate with the program manager and account manager for the implementation of the services for the airline
- This effort is done in conjunction with the regional account manager if for a combined IFE and connectivity system sale
- Solid working knowledge of the connectivity industry
- Strong sales and negotiation skills that produce win-win results within a technology environment.
- Independent self starter, with excellent communication skills. Ability to speak with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationship with customers and internal company departments in order to smoothly and effectively address customer needs.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Clear understanding of airline strategic objectives and ability to convey OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) value proposition.
- Strong analysis skills.
- Experience in analyzing, researching, and interpreting data required to produce sales proposals and develop customized or new service offerings.
- Experience in working in a matrix organization a plus.
- Works on issues of diverse and complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business and market trends.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Proven experience with problem-solving, decision-making, and multi-tasking to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated and proven record of success in sales.
- Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Proven ability to manage customer accounts of high complexity and scope in creative and effective ways.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other sales managers
- 5-7 years of sales manager experience or 7-10 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Prior Experience in the sales of IFEC or connectivity services within an airline or vendor advantageous
- Technical understanding of In-Flight Entertainment systems and/or Connectivity systems and their related components preferred
- May require travel, up to 50% of the time to domestic and/or international locations