Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Oversight and management of Panasonic Avionics’ non-US payroll operations. Defines and ensures that Payroll policies, processes and procedures are implemented and followed at a regional level. Manages the resources and Payroll activities for Europe, MECSAA & APAC countries at the highest quality standards by implementing customized strategies in order to meet department's objectives and to ensure regulatory compliance and standardization of processes and controls. Responsible for timely payroll delivery and payroll funding, vendor & contracts management, employee service level metrics, operational effectiveness, and management of end-to-end controls for payroll processes. Develop and control all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization's payroll processing objectives.
Managing Payroll Operations for Europe, MECSAA & APAC regions
- Work directly with third party payroll suppliers and experts and willingly obtain working knowledge of local country payroll laws to ensure Avionics payroll obligations are met timely and accurately for employees and third parties including vendors, tax agencies, pension providers, and insurance providers as per local statutory requirements within assigned Europe, MECSAA APAC, countries
- Develop strategies, processes, procedures and workflows for regional payroll operations to achieve the established objectives and offer quality services to both internal and external
- Provides oversight of processes within the Payroll function; advises, adjusts and implements process streamlining and/or changes within business process management to better harmonize resources for the benefit of the organization. Responds to business needs by continuously using, maintaining and improving tools and
- Partner with HR and Benefits in aligning and possibly implementing more effective payroll
- Acts as second escalation level and resolves as quickly as possible, difficult service issues escalated from first level of
- Integrate newly acquired organizations into PAC’s payroll
- Provide reporting and analytics to monitor payroll accuracy and service level
- Ensures adherence to established processes, policies and internal controls; supports Sarbannes- Oxley & other reviews internal & external
Building and Managing Relationships
- Assesses resource requirements to deliver on responsibilities and ensures staffing at an appropriate level for countries assigned. Monitors daily the team’s performance, ensures direct reports meet their individual tasks, deadlines and perform to established standards. When needed, takes timely actions to coach, develop, and train direct reports to be able to fulfill their daily responsibilities to reach the job requirements and needed
- Build & maintain long-term relationships with customers & key stakeholders (HR, Legal, Global Corporate Controllers, external vendors).
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with all levels of the
- Undertake other tasks attributed by the direct manager in line with the departmental
- Ensure good communication with higher management regarding specific issues of the department’s activities.
- Proactively contribute with ideas for efficiency projects to improve the team activities and performance.
- Experience managing payroll operations in multiple regions and working with third party payroll providers on a global basis.
- Proven experience managing the implementation of a regional payroll
- Very good people management skills – previous experience in people management is a
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Organized, ability to meet deadlines in an orderly manner and strong detail
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint, and Oracle Applications)
- Ability to multi-task, including juggling and prioritizing numerous projects at the same time, often under strict time constraints.
- Ability to maintain composure despite tight deadlines and high demand
- Ability to apply sound judgment to situations and an understanding of what and when to involve, inform, consult or communicate to key stakeholders or
- Ability to communicate effectively and
- Flexibility in work schedule, including availability during evenings, weekends and major
- Quality driven and ability to deliver and meet tight
- Good negotiation
- Smart, energetic, ability to work across multiple
- 8 year’s payroll experience in a large multinational company, with at least 5 years in a management/leadership position.
- University degree in HR, Finance or
- This role would require 15% to 20%