Payroll Processing and Accounting
- Work with in-country vendors to ensure monthly payrolls are accurately completed per payroll schedules for Panasonic Avionics employees.
- Monthly payroll processing for hourly and salaried employees where in-country vendors are not used.
- Ensures accurate and timely accounting, recordkeeping and management of payroll related data and reports; performs audits and reconciliations of payroll information and systems
- Process manual checks, voids, stop pays, direct deposit reversals, and payroll adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure time cards for employees are approved in payroll system according to pay schedule.
- Ensure all payroll systems are configured properly and efficiently to assure accurate gross to net processing, including all earnings, statutory tax withholdings, and deductions
- Analyze and resolve payroll issues related to tax, general accounting, regulatory requirements, benefits, time reporting, and labor agreement matters.
- Develop and run ad-hoc, audit, and post-payroll reports. Prepare monthly payroll reports for Finance
- Partner with Finance Team on the preparation of all payroll journal entries posted to general ledger; assist team members on the reconciliation of the general ledger for all payroll-related entries
- Reconcile monthly transactions and money transfers to pay institutions
- Process money judgement documents and responses as required
- Issue and record adjustments to pay, related to previous errors or retroactive increases
- Develop and maintain payroll-related content in PAC Employee Gateway portal.
- Serve as Tier 2 Payroll support addressing and resolving PAC employee issues/questions related to pay
- Responsible for ensuring processes are operating according to established schedules and procedures
- Supports the design and implementation of payroll-related initiatives and projects including the migration to new payroll systems if applicable
- Proactively assess needs of the payroll department - Identify, analyze, and recommend business process, and system enhancements for continuous improvement
- Perform testing support of payroll system patches and upgrades
- Coordinate and prepare documentation and reconciliations for internal and external auditors.
- Work closely with other departments and Human Resources to ensure compliance with payroll policies and procedures including regulatory controls and audits.
- Will actively participate in the design and implementation of a new global payroll system and processes and will support the Global Payroll support and services model.
- Key desired behaviors; e.g., problem solving, innovation, collaboration, etc.
- Demonstrated good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to analyze complex payroll situations and make recommendations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, payroll software, and report writing
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within and outside the company.
- Good time management skills in order to meet continuous critical deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and above average administrative skills.
- Multiple languages highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting time & attendance and payroll systems in a large corporate environment
- Working knowledge of applicable country/region’s wage & hour, garnishments & payroll tax regulations
- Experience with Workday HCM, Oracle Absence Management, and/or Ceridian MCI or Dayforce preferred.