The Manager, Regional Operations (MRO) is responsible for managing and supervising the Operational staff within their region which may include Field Services Technicians, Supply Chain, Program/Project Management, Service Delivery, and Build & Test teams to ensure customer service needs and expectations are fulfilled. Responsibilities include but are not limited to scheduling daily tasks and duties for operations staff, interfacing with customers, dispatching technicians, setting goals, and performing annual reviews.
The MRO may also be responsible for leading simple type project delivery supervision and execution in the installation of remote VSAT communications systems and services supplied to customers in the Energy, Mining, and Maritime industries.
Responsibilities for this role are, but not limited to;
- Develop, submit, or approve AFE (Authorization for Expenditures) for the department.
- Dispatch Field Technicians on installations, repairs, and removals of all customer equipment, monitor technician on the job performance and open, update and close Work Orders in the Workflow Management System.
- Review all technician site documentation including pictures, Site Checklist, and Site Inventory; Save documentation in Documentation Management System.
- Collect all billing information for customer Work Orders; Determine billable charges and price labor, mileage, and parts before forwarding the information to the Billing Department as required.
- Promote and maintains a safe and positive HSE presence within the team and day-to-day work flow.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and accountability of the assigned projects, scheduling and workflow.
- Facilitate/conduct risk assessments (JHAs).
- Perform problem resolution, working with clients and other service providers to resolve complex network-related issues.
- Assist employees with goal development ensuring they are in line with department goals.
- Perform all personnel-related duties, including employee interviews, hiring, yearly reviews and salary recommendations.
- Develop department operating policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement training plans for operations team members.
To be considered for this role, you have;
- A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Technology, Telecom, or related field.
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in an operational supervisory role.
- Demonstrable experience in onshore/ offshore oil and gas, maritime and mining markets.
- Strong knowledge and experience of VSAT Communications, O&G, Maritime and Mining Vertical Markets as needed.
- Proven ability to engage and influence stakeholders required to deliver projects.
- Demonstrable understanding and oversight of service deliveries to customers within the assigned area, and meeting contractual commitments in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Knowledge of offshore safety procedures, which may include but not limited to Permit to Work, Stop the Job, Lone Man Working and Electrical Isolation.
- Proven ability to prioritise, work independently, complete multiple tasks concurrently and within deadlines, with excellent attention to details.
- Demonstrable drive and determination to achieve success while being a self-motivator who sets clear direction and priorities.
- Good understanding and adaptability to cultural sensitivities in the areas of work.
- The ability to be on-call on a rotating basis.
- The ability to occassionally travel domestically and internationally to support the business.