The Regional Digital Solutions Sales Manager is senior role that operates at a strategic level with customers, with deep engagement and understanding of the industry business issues and strategic challenges. The role is seen as a subject matter expert on the digital transformation occurring inside their industry and the role holder is to be the subject matter expert for Panasonic Avionic’s SaaS portfolio.
The individual will need to be able to explain SaaS product and pricing benefits, and close upon an agreed to business plan. Individual must be able to build trusted advisor relationships with key customer business decision-makers, helping them to build the program of digital transformation change. The role will use industry experience, expertise in software, and sales.
- Be an expert in SaaS industry trends including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends, and start-ups.
- Research and understand Airline’s desire to use technology to optimize their operations.
- Participate on a high-performing team to collaborate with stakeholders across the company (engineering, marketing, sales, support, finance, and legal) in development of business and product strategy, based on airline and industry research.
- Educate customers on Digital Transformation and collaborate on how Panasonic’s SaaS products can achieve their business goals related to this transformation.
- Through collaboration with the airline, identify problems and solutions which Panasonic can provide resulting in direct sales to the airline.
- Present SaaS products and solutions to the airline, often time at C level positions.
- Be the subject matter expert in the region on SaaS solutions, meaning comprehensive understanding of how the product works, which platforms are supported, minimum hardware requirements, etc
- Seek appropriate approvals for deals, driven by a successful strategy and plan
- Grow Panasonic’s SaaS sales by achieving business plan targets for year over year growth.
- Monitor deal performance after award to ensure that original financial projections are being exceeded.
- Monitor deal execution to ensure that what was sold is being delivered as required. Escalate where required to put programs for your customers back on track.
- Maintain a network of relationships across the industry with partners, potential partners, acquisition targets, competitors, investors, thought leaders, etc.
- Leverage relationships in opportunity identification and transaction execution.
- Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in Business or related field
- Aviation industry knowledge a plus
- 10 years in SaaS solution sales and business development is a must
- Demonstrable experience of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills; strong 360-degree strategic thinking is critical to success in the role.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive results in a complex and highly ambiguous technical and business environment
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to understand the customer needs, negotiate complex sales and total value offerings to customers
- Anticipate future trends accurately; learn quickly and think independently to adapt as required
- Travel up to 30%