The position will have a particular focus on anti-corruption compliance in China, it will also support the company’s global international legal and ethical compliance program.
- Employ legal training and common sense to proactively identify and resolve compliance related issues with a particular focus on China.
- Review and enhance the company’s global legal and ethical compliance program.
- Help develop a positive culture of ethics and compliance and the overall implementation, management and continuous improvement of the company’s global legal and ethical compliance program.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and counseling on various compliance related issues as they arise.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice on business issues such as contract interpretation
- Negotiate contracts with customers and suppliers
- Maintain compliance oversight of third-parties, such as sales representatives, and conduct associated due diligence and auditing.
- Investigate possible compliance violations.
- Help draft and update policies and conduct training on them.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned, in support of the various functions of the organization.
- Law degree from an accredited law school with admission to practice law in the relevant legal jurisdiction.
- 7-10 years’ experience in anti-corruption matters.
- Ability to operate without extensive supervision and act as a self-starter.
- Has a vision of an effective compliance program and how to implement it.
- Extensive international compliance experience with a focus on anti-corruption. Experience in reviewing and implementing internal controls that are capable of detecting and preventing significant instances of illegal, unethical, or improper conduct by employees, agents, contractors, or others working with the organization.
- Experience drafting and revising policies in plain English, with a minimum of legalese.
- Excellent training skills, especially related to anti-corruption (such as appropriate gifts and hospitality).
- Experience in due diligence and auditing of third-parties.
- Experience in developing communications to a multicultural employee base in support of the compliance and ethics programs.
- Ability to interface effectively with executives and others in the organization to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Experience in analyzing and negotiating contracts
- Experience in advising business executives on business law issues
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptive and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic and high-growth environment.
- Works well under pressure with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Creative problem solver who possesses sound business judgment and is detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to diffuse high pressure situations and work out difficult problems.
- Proficiency in Mandarin is also required.
- Able to travel.