Panasonic – Regional Channel Sales Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
The Regional Sales Manager - is responsible for effectively executing the company’s sales strategy to achieve maximum profitability and market penetration for Panasonic Life Solutions portfolio of products, while managing direct sales employees in the assigned region. The RSM will manage, train and where needed hire independent manufacturers’ representatives in their assigned area with special emphasis on key specification markets and corporate targets as assigned. The Regional Sales Manager will create pull through sales strategies with builders and specifiers via positioning Panasonic Eco Solutions portfolio of products. They will develop strong specifications for various construction, re-model and renovation projects and covert projects specified with competitors projects.
Primary, day-to-day responsibility to manage sale representatives and manage all business aspects of our channel partner relationships in assigned region. Joint calls on sales channel partners, installers, contractors, engineers and architects as part of an independently planned sales program designed to meet the sales and profitability targets of the company.
Establish direct relationships with key single and multifamily builders, developers and hospitality accounts that result in Extreme Customer Satisfaction and higher margin sales for the company. Work with other Regional Sales Managers on how to position Panasonic to key decision makers.
Gather construction data and project leads. Analyze potential and research the viability of the opportunities. Follow up and capture business using marketing qualified leads. Use Salesforce and other CRM tools to track progress of lead progress and completion.
Responsible for developing demand forecast for territory and adjust the forecast as necessary while using market funds responsibly. Actively manage and resolve credit issues pertaining to assigned accounts.
Maintains clear written records of all contacts and potential business in the format requested by the National Sales Manager.
60% travel requirement from your home-based office annually. Living within proximity of a major airport required. Candidate should be located in Seattle/ Portland area.
What You’ll Bring:
- Reports to the National Sales Manager
- Implements the Sales and Marketing Strategic plan developed by the company to achieve assigned sales budget
- Sales Target and Demand Forecast for defined territory in area of responsibility
- Maintain sales expenses within budget.
- Identifies possible independent Sales Representatives companies and proactively address potential problems facing channel partners and decides on action to be taken –often in consultation with the National Sales Manager
- Develop joint sales plan with the national sales manager.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (preferably with a business major).
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing outside salespeople, with experience managing independent mfg. representatives in the wholesale construction materials industry.
- Broad knowledge of distribution strategies, business reasons underlying those strategies and firsthand experience in tactical implementation.
- Technical or hands-on background in the HVAC field highly desirable. Alternatively, a demonstrated ability to acquire knowledge quickly is acceptable.
- Deep knowledge of US local building codes and future trends.
- Highly competent in use of a personal computer particularly MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook and common CRM programs.
- Highly talented “people-person” who can see through “human” business issues and find solutions for them.
- At a basic technical level be able to identify, research, and solve contractor/end user installation and product use issues. Use acquired knowledge and that of others in the organization to advise best products for application.
- Able to clearly identify business vs. technical problems and either resolve or escalate appropriately in the best interest of the customer and/or company.
- Ability to learn new CRM based efficiency tools quickly. Salesforce utilization experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect for new customers/end users/ installers independently.
- Has the ability to communicate with all stakeholders in a timely and effective way. Responds rapidly to all inquiries (at a minimum within one business day).
- Able to educate best practices to installation contractors at both the level of management and labor in a way that encourages the use of the company’s products as well as its preferred method of installation.
- Able to articulate problems and solutions in concise, simple to understand language at appropriate levels: laborer, contractor, distributor, specifying engineer, and architect.
- Articulate convincing arguments to close a major sale.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Spanish an advantage.
- Carry sample product and merchandizing displays into and out of customer locations, carry and deliver for shipment and load/unload from car/van frequently. Able to carry 40lbs unaided.
- Load, unload, setup custom displays for trade shows etc. Perform assembly of and wiring of POP displays
- Negotiate construction sites unaided and be able to demonstrate product installation when necessary.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.