- Performs building surveys of HVAC and refrigeration equipment/controls and operational costs; validates preliminary information with customers
- Establishes and maintains relationships with subcontractors; prepares requests for quotation including scope statements, plans, specs, and bonding requirements
- Performs construction plan review or other requirements as determined by project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all customers’ facility requirements
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing facility-related solutions for customers’ problems
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet entire building system design/installation requirements
- Prepares, finalizes, reviews preliminary and/or final proposal
- Handles all aspects related to on-site field personnel management to ensure safety, quality, and timely production
- Creates detailed cost estimates consisting of controls, service agreements, materials, mechanical/electrical/other subcontractors, purchased equipment, labor, and other construction-related activities to assist account managers in bidding on or determining project price
- Utilizes plans, specifications, and knowledge of controls/construction industry to analyze project needs
- Responsible for estimating and pricing of controls materials, services and/or equipment to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, and other variables
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects, develops schedules/project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish project objectives
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and/or risk factors on various projects
- Clarifies, reconciles, and adjusts information gaps and scope deviations with operations group; resolves major deviations from scope with team after project scope validation
- Maintains quote log consisting of closed, open, and lost orders
- Carries out additional responsibilities as assigned
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen; ability to manage small and large crews of construction professionals.
- Working knowledge of applicable construction/safety federal, state, and county codes and regulations.
- Ability to maintain highest level of customer service always.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must work outside of regular hours.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Travel within central Texas and Rio Grande regions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience in HVAC/R project management and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HVAC/R project management.
- Vehicle reimbursement plan
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Matching 401K
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer