Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
About this Role:
You will help with the Installation of refrigeration systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will report to the Install Foreman. You will develop first line customer relations and identify potentials sales opportunities.
- Complete assigned projects to customer satisfaction.
- Acquire knowledge through on the job training, which includes new product developments, service bulletins and issues.
- Complete necessary documents (time sheets, customer invoices, and electronic forms).
- Read and comprehend blueprints by trade regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management and refrigerant leak systems.
- Solder copper pipe, including configuring 90 degree, 45 degree, tees and other fittings.
- Diagnose water-leaks.
- Remove cases from truck without damage
- Install PVC drain pipe.
- Locate and set superheat specification.
- Receive and hang blower coils.
- Install orifice and thermostatic expansion valves.
- Locate refrigeration leak, fabricate hangers, struts and supports, identify pipe size and fittings by sight
- Power wash air-cooled condensing units, and layout complex coolers.
- Interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat and orderly manner and follow vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable).
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School OR Ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Preferred level: Technical Degree, EPA 608 Certification
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 1 year of experience with HS/GED, Zero years of experience with Tech Degree
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Experience with mechanical troubleshooting and repair.
- Will work nights and/or weekends.
- Experience leading others in the workplace.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Experience developing customer relationships.
- Experience making difficult decisions, using rational reasoning.
- Experience working individually and as part of a diverse team.
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.