Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
About this Role:
You will help with the Installation of refrigeration systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will report to the Install Foreman. You will develop first line customer relations and identify potentials sales opportunities.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff
- Ensure compliance with internal contracting processes regarding customer-specific documentation and closeout processes
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems
- Inspect components of industrial equipment for accurate assembly and installation or for defects such as loose connections or frayed wires
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests
- Install, program, and troubleshoot, maintain, modify, and repair control systems for HVAC-R, refrigeration, and lighting controls in a grocery store and cold storage atmosphere
- Use and maintenance of trade-specific materials, tools, instrumentation, and equipment used during the installation of EMS
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Troubleshoot electrical/controls problems and implement solutions
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School OR Ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Preferred level: Technical Degree, EPA 608 Certification
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 1 year of experience with HS/GED, Zero years of experience with Tech Degree
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Experience with mechanical troubleshooting and repair.
- Will work nights and/or weekends.
- Experience leading others in the workplace.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Experience developing customer relationships.
- Experience making difficult decisions, using rational reasoning.
- Experience working individually and as part of a diverse team.
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.