Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
The Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for managing administrative functions related to the full-lifecycle recruitment processes and maintaining excellent relations with business partners. In addition, this position will be focused on providing a positive onboarding experience for all new hires.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for administering and expediting all pre-boarding and onboarding processes to include, background checks, ATS data administration, offer letter processing etc.
- Support of interview coordination
- Support of job postings
- Participation and coordination of hiring events and candidate experiences.
- Ensures data integrity in applicant tracking and supports data validation processes.
- Generation of reports used for new hire tracking and other key performance measurements.
- Work with the Recruiting team to provide a positive candidate experience from offer acceptance to first day of hire
- Supports other HR/ Recruiting projects, as required.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience as a Recruiting Coordinator or similar position or experience in a high-volume, fast-paced, startup environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Strong attention to details for data integrity and analysis.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to provide creative solutions to time-sensitive situations and complex challenges.
- Customer service oriented with strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience with applicant tracking or CRM-type systems, generating reports and performing basic data analysis in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, report formatting, etc.)
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint)
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.