Job Title: Recruiter
Shift: Days (M-F)
Reports To: HR Manager Indirect and Analytics
Department: PENA HR
Category: Exempt (Salaried)
- Partner with business leaders and Hiring Managers to support operational hiring needs
- Responsible for full-cycle recruiting from intake meeting with Hiring Managers to offer of employment.
- Facilitate all aspects of the interview process, including interview scheduling, phone screening, and candidate selection
- Participate in and plan networking, recruiting and hiring events
- Meet all goals related to key staffing metrics, to include time-to-fill, new hire effectiveness etc.
- Develop and maintain networking relationships with community organizations, colleges and universities, alumni organizations, industry organizations, employees and colleagues to help identify and source qualified talent
- Develop creative recruitment solutions and talent pipeline strategies.
- Provide and ensure great candidate experiences.
- Ensures that recruiting and hiring practices are compliant with all applicable local, state, and federal employment laws
- Performs other related duties as required
- Strong customer service skills including excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Develop successful relationships
- Responds to inquiries from other departments in a timely manner
- Demonstrate integrity and accountability
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years of high-volume recruiting experience, manufacturing industry a plus.
- Demonstrated track record in attracting, sourcing and selecting top talent.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to build partnerships and business relationships
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong technical skills to include Applicant Tracking Systems and MS Office
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time
- use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- reach with hands and arms
- Talk and hear
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
- Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production! Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.