Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Partner with business leaders and Hiring Managers to support operational hiring needs
- Responsible for full-cycle recruiting from intake meeting with Hiring Managers to offer of employment.
- Facilitate all aspects of the interview process, including interview scheduling, phone screening, and candidate selection
- Participate in and plan networking, recruiting and hiring events
- Meet all goals related to key staffing metrics, to include time-to-fill, new hire effectiveness etc.
- Develop and maintain networking relationships with community organizations, colleges and universities, alumni organizations, industry organizations, employees and colleagues to help identify and source qualified talent
- Develop creative recruitment solutions and talent pipeline strategies.
- Provide and ensure great candidate experiences.
- Ensures that recruiting and hiring practices are compliant with all applicable local, state, and federal employment laws
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of high-volume recruiting experience, manufacturing industry a plus.
- Demonstrated track record in attracting, sourcing and selecting top talent.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to build partnerships and business relationships
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong technical skills to include Applicant Tracking Systems and MS Office
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.