Collects payments from assigned customer base – highly visible accounts with various customer requirements. Works to resolve more complex credit / collections issues. Handles special assignments for management. Provides team direction at times.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- 60% Manages the timely collection and follow-up on both existing and newly obtained customers.
- Maintains responsibilities for the timely collection/resolution of invoices and invalid deductions. Provides detailed explanation and comments for each deduction. Obtains sales assistance where necessary to receive payment.
- Reviews and monitors delinquent accounts. Works with customer’s Accounts Payable to identify, evaluate and resolve outstanding billings.
- Investigates delinquent accounts, writes collection letters, calls customers, and prepares standardized reports on credit/collections status.
- Identifies potential collection issues with manager to determine an appropriate course of action. Communicates status of orders on hold to Sales, Customer Care and Credit management.
- Conducts analysis on identified collection in order to build correction plans. Required detailed research/analysis on root cause; impact to financial terms; mitigation of similar situations occurring in future.
- Establishes excellent relationships with customers and Sales force to assist with the collection of unpaid invoices.
- Leads weekly interdepartmental meetings to review and resolve pending credit issues. Assigns next steps and distributes action items to the team members. Follows up regularly with assigned members for status.
- Collects past due items and resolves chargebacks and cash payment discrepancies as directed by company procedures.
- Meets budget collection ratio for assigned accounts on a monthly basis.
- Provides detailed explanation and comments for each deduction and reduces chargebacks, cash and credit memos over 60 days.
- Submits application forms to management for approval and enters master data into system following applicable guidelines and procedures.
- 20% Provides assistance to Sr. Credit Analyst, Receivables Analysts I & II and Cash App positions as needed.
- 15% Prepares department reports (including AR Action Items and Past Dues weekly) and other A/R reports as needed.
- 5% Manages assigned accounts and advises management of adverse risk conditions resulting in a higher than anticipated risk exposure. Forecasts anticipated cash payments to Credit management as requested.
- Reviews over Credit Line report for customers approaching / exceeding assigned credit limits.
- High School Diploma, six (6) years of related experience or;
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, four (4) years of related experience.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer applications related to the position or assignment.
- Proficiency in Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience or similar software required
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.