Responsible for supporting Quality Engineer activities that ensure product and shipping requirements are meeting customer specifications. Supports activities to address internal and external quality issues through Plan Do Check Act process. Provides support of in-process quality to include process/product analysis, testing, evaluation, line audits, and documentation. Requires frequent interaction with cross functional team including manufacturing engineering, supplier quality, planning, factory engineering groups, and warehouse operations teams.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Responsible for the corrective action system including all customer line returns, customer complaints, & internal in-process abnormalities.
- Leads quality improvements and corrective actions to product, processes, and procedures with the support of cross functional team.
- Responsible for gathering data during root cause investigation of internal and external quality issues reported. Provides data and evidence required to Quality Engineer in order to document findings on customer 8D report.
- Advises and generates reports on quality metrics, corrective action reports, quality improvements, changes in product or process, and compliance to customer requirements.
- Assists manufacturing with typical or problematic root cause analysis and resolution. Serves as a technical resource for quality judgment and solutions.
- Serves as a quality resource, provides quality judgments and limit samples on questionable items, and certifies process applications.
- Provides daily internal quality & external quality feedback to manufacturing team for shift meetings.
- Has authority and responsibility to identify, halt production, and initiate corrective action on non-conforming or out-of-control processes. Escalates critical issues that have potential customer impact.
- Has authority and responsibility to segregate as necessary, suspect or non-conforming materials.
- Responsible for include supervising sort/rework being done by internal team or third party on-site. Ensures standard work is being followed, appropriate tools are being used, and reports end of day results to Quality Engineer.
- Has authority and responsibility to monitor, audit, and enforce Quality Systems and Process Control in production. Audits processes and products to assure compliance to all specifications and standards.
- Contributes to the development of process controls and documentation.
- Provides APQP and Product Launch support. Coordinates product update activities.
- Interprets specifications, drawings, customer requirements, and job orders. Must be able to review documents and interpret engineering change orders.
- Participates with initial inspection of products and/or process for new programs to develop feedback for work instructions.
- Maintains departmental inspection records and control of all quality reports and files.
- Ensures that countermeasures are implemented and are correct and/or effective for any issued quality alerts. Must be able to verify compliance to quality alerts.
- Monitors production line process procedures for continuous improvement of quality output.
- Coordinates and facilitates effective corrective action throughout processes and insures documentation of actions.
- Reviews and performs analysis of non-conforming materials as necessary.
- Responsible in coordinating the performance of layered process audits and other audits, document of such audit results, and verification of audit corrective actions as determined.
- Documents and controls rejects identified under containment for performed arrival inspection activities for all customers and assist in preparing product to return to factories as needed.
- Responsible to collect and provide reports of non-conforming product information, participates in Material Review Board, and prepares information to quality engineer and factories per established cadence.
- Associate degree or Certificate in a related technical, electrical, mechanical, or electronic field, or one to two (1-2) years demonstrated equivalent technical experience.
- Must possess the technical knowledge/skills/abilities to perform the job.
- Two (2) years prior experience in manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge/skills/abilities to read, interpret, test, measure, and evaluate materials.
- Must be able to interpret charts, graphs, and statistics.
- Must demonstrate computer proficiency and common office software proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.