Quality Systems Engineer II
Shift: Day Shift
The Quality Systems Engineer is responsible for the engineering and technical operations at Panasonic, managing or performing scientific research and development. Activities include undertaking research, design, and development activities to improve the products and services, designing, constructing, testing, and operating equipment at PENA. The individual will ensure the standards of quality, cost, safety, reliability, timeliness, and performance are met in production processes.
- Working with quality support staff in proper protocols and QMS controls and functions
- Initiating and maintaining QMS documents and procedures
- Supporting and participating with the quality manager in customer and regulatory audits
- Developing and/or adapting systems to meet quality standards, making suggestions with regards to procedures, standards, and equipment to facilitate work and to streamline processes and to maintain product quality
- Investigating and determining root cause of quality issues; assisting production and other personnel with corrective action process
- Monitoring ECO, CAPA and MRB time to close metrics; identifying actions and responsibilities to drive timely closure and effectiveness
- Developing good documentation best practices; developing a training plan; monitoring effectiveness; coaching others as needed
- Supporting the implementation of paperless manufacturing initiatives
- Understanding and effectively implementing risk-based methodologies and processes
- Staying abreast of and communicating changes to regulatory requirements; developing effective plans to implement actions to address them
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- Able to identify and pursue material defect reduction opportunities
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- 2+ years of quality systems engineering experience
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with continuous improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, and 5S
- Able to analyze and present data with clear conclusions and/or next steps
- Able to review and interpret technical specifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Frequent
- Office Equipment: Frequent
- Phone Frequent
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.