The Quality System Administrator is responsible for administering the Quality Management System (QMS) and the Electronic Quality Management System (eQMS) at Panasonic. The Quality System Administer creates and updates the QMS & the eQMS for general use throughout the organization. Currently the eQMS is comprised of Atlassian software, JIRA & Confluence with daily activities that include review for improvement of the eQMS, project creation in JIRA, space creation in Confluence, maintaining server reliability, monitoring current administrators, on-boarding new administrators, integrating multiple data streams (python, MySQL, Pearl) into eQMS, report generation for the status of eQMS, and investigating potential improvements and automation from the Atlassian Marketplace. Future activities will include investigation of potential software improvements to replace the current eQMS and integration of other management systems into eQMS. The individual will ensure the standards of quality, cost, safety, reliability, timeliness, and performance are met and on schedule to improve the overall status and functionality of the management system.
• Working with quality support staff following proper protocols and QMS/eQMS controls and functions
• Initiating and maintaining eQMS projects and spaces
• Supporting and joining the quality manager in customer and regulatory audits
• Developing and/or adapting systems to meet quality standards, making suggestions with regards to procedures, standards, and software to facilitate work and to streamline processes and to maintain process quality assurance
• Monitoring various quality issues in eQMS to drive timely closure and effectiveness
• Developing good document and software organizational best practices for the quality management system
• Supporting the development and implementation of paperless manufacturing initiatives
• Staying abreast of current trends and new features for quality management systems
• Ensure the quality management system is secure to protect intellectual property
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
• To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
• Basic: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
• Experience in developing and administering projects in JIRA
• Experience creating and maintaining spaces in Confluence for business level organization
• Knowledge of scripting and computing languages (Python, SQL, etc.) and a strong background using JSL
• Familiar with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
• Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 standards required
• Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
• Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment preferred
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience with continuous improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, and 5S
• Able to analyze and present data with clear conclusions and/or next steps
• Able to review and interpret technical specifications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
• Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.