Job Title: Quality Supervisor
Shift: Day or Night Shift
Department: Quality- Slitting, Winding and Assembly
Oversee and supervisor the quality operations, including but not limited to quality control plan inspections – daily quality check operations, support special projects, communicating with production, and coordinating inspectors’ and technicians’ activities. Must coordinate the work of others under the supervision of a manager. Sets quality’s schedules based on materials supply, staffing resources, and volume required to meet demand and to ensure maximum quantity and quality.
- Manage overall quality control plan inspections – compliance to tasks, actions around issues determined from inspections, and employees’ activities, lunch/break schedules
- Maintain quality control process, support activities around ISO quality management, and be the quality representative on the process floor
- Conduct failure analysis and execute corrective action plans designated to be related to process quality
- Supervise a quality team consisting of technicians and inspectors.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these members.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems following the company's established policies and procedures.
- Develop process flow improvements to support efficiency, ergonomics, or cost reduction
- Other duties may be assigned.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field) from four-year College or University.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment with products including batteries, electronic components, quality management, etc.
- Experience utilizing quality management tools including SPC, FTA, FMEA, etc.
- Ability to learn new technologies, adapt to changing requirements and balance time across multiple projects
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing operations
- Able to influence change without direct authority
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving & communication skills
- Ability to identify and analyze data patterns and quality discrepancies
- Experience leading teams and coordinating with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Approachable and adaptable
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- 1-2+ years of people leader experience
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Prior manufacturing and/or SAP experience is desirable
- Experience/Familiarity with TS16949 automotive quality standards or ISO9001
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 45%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 5%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.