Do you want to join a team that's changing the world? Do you have a strong background in Laboratory Analysis? Then we're looking for you. Put your skills to meaningful use, gain unique experience, and work with world-class team members with diverse backgrounds and expertise who share the same mission. Join the PENA team today.
- Plan, prepare and supervise laboratory services relating to national standards and organization’s policies
- Provide and perform access to laboratory personnel for consultation and determine operational troubles in timely manner
- Establish, execute, review, and evaluate laboratory procedures and policies for operating functions of laboratory
- Perform analytic, pre and post analytic functions to attain departmental goals and ensure stable conformance by laboratory staff
- Head responsibility to maintain laboratory records, reports, and files
- Perform activities to fulfill report requirements and record retention
- Prepare, implement, and evaluate capital budgets and annual operating
- Analyze and suggest selected purchase equipment and monitor maintenance and service agreement(s)
- Manage laboratory purchase of inventory, storage, and supplies usage.
- Manage and resolve administrative and technical problems.
- Establish and maintain laboratory documentation system.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise a quality team consisting of engineers, technicians, inspectors, and clerks.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these members.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems following the company's established policies and procedures.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field) from four-year College or University.
- 5+ years of experience in laboratory analysis utilizing and managing instruments including ICP-MS, SEM, DART, Py-GCMS, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment with products including batteries, electronic components, etc.
- M.S. in a technical discipline preferred.
- Familiarity with TS16949 automotive quality standards.
- Experience creating and maintaining an ISO Quality System.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.