Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow passengers access to live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more!
Quality Staff Engineer
We are looking for a motivated, driven, and collaborative Quality Staff Engineer with 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Testing of IFE devices, or similar electronical devices. They will be involved in the end-to-end processes related to the quality of our Electronics products and services by ensuring effective collaboration across teams but also by confirming planning, design, development and release processes are adhered to. The role will be pivotal in making our existing products and services better through process improvements, while at the same time working with design and development teams to develop progressive processes and quality frameworks for new offerings.
The ideal candidate will have a broad background the quality testing of In-Flight Entertainment hardware, or electronic components such at TV’s, Radios, Computers, or Mobile devices. Experience spanning cross-functional areas such as Engineering, Project Management and Program Management, with experience in planning and development of testing. An acute eye for process waste reduction and streamlining is required.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Improve and/or implement quality operation procedures, work instructions, and quality planning.
- Evaluate and perform investigations on issues with products and services in order to establish formal root cause corrective actions.
- Work with various teams across the organization to resolve any reported non-compliances to the established process.
- Able to comprehend customer specifications, engineering drawings, engineering process specifications and test data.
- Identify waste across the organization and develop proposal to establish a more lean and efficient process.
- Drive and socialize the proposed process improvements to the key stakeholders and obtain buy in to roll out new or revised processes with minimal supervision.
- Act as an agent of change and perform liaison activities across the organization whenever support is asked by our partner organizations.
- Identify opportunities and formulate plans to improve value proposition to customers.
- Participate in and document project milestone reviews for assigned tasks.
- Plan, track, and report progress to management in a timely fashion.
- Provide technical and process consultation and advice to peers.
- Support various areas of the business such as supplier selection, Engineering, PMO, Airbus DOA, SQA, DQV, PAC deliverables review and sign off and more as needed.
- Provide expertise and support both inside and outside the quality organization.
- BS of Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- 5+ years of proven experience in an Electrical Mechanics or Engineering role.
- 2+ years in the testing or quality assurance of hardware or electrical devices.
- Deep knowledge and experience in all aspects and domains involved in the creation and distribution of IFE (In-Flight-Entertainment) and Connectivity products and services.
- Proven experience commutating and working with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities.
- Motivated to work well in a fast-paced environment on various projects at the same time.
- Strong desire to make a difference with the goal to delight the customer.
- Experienced with applying industry standard tools to analyze issues, find the root cause and propose the appropriate corrective action.
- Familiar with developing solutions to problems of high complexity.
- Strong expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proven ability to communicate and work with cross-functional departments and groups.
- Familiar with authoring presentations for upper management and executive reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of DO-160/178/254 highly desirable.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 5% of the time
- Ability to face customer and engage in technical collaboration
- Ability to lift or move 25lbs., when needed. Computer Typing, 50% sitting, 25% walking, 25% standing.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.