Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
This position will provide root cause analysis and develop corrective actions for PAC Bothell location and area vendors. This position is customer facing supporting both internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues and standardize the process. Oversight, development, and maintenance of quality programs, processes, and procedures that ensure compliance with policies, standards, and regulatory requirements.
Quality Program Monitoring & Authorizations
- Provide guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance.
- Develop and maintain Quality procedures to ensure regulatory, customer and internal Quality requirements are consumed and met.
- Ensure upkeep, assessment and distribution of all regulatory material and ensuring compliance with such documents.
- Support supplier source inspection and surveillance activities
- Audit various Panasonic locations to verify that regulatory, customer and internal Quality requirements are met.
- Plan, conduct, and complete audits for compliance to the AS9100, ISO14001, and ISO27001 requirements.
- Record any observed non-compliance / non-conformance or unacceptable standards and bring to the attention of the responsible manager and/or individual concerned, any observed non–compliance or poor standards with a time scale for remedial action to be completed.
- Monitor preventative/corrective actions to ensure timely resolution.
- Serve as liaison and interface to Panasonic’s Customers and Certification body during site certification or recertification audits.
- Support special audits and independent assessments as assigned.
Quality Process Improvement
- Ensure the quality assurance programs and policies are maintained and modified regularly. Facilitate uniform standards worldwide and enable best practice sharing.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality and increased customer satisfaction.
- Analyze QMS performance data and rejection data from OEMs, SVs, and airline customers to identify trends, risks, and opportunities for continuous improvement, recommend and support corporate level improvement initiatives and actions.
- Prepare presentations and report trend data, RCCA activities, and high visibility quality assurance issues to internal and external customers that can include 2nd and 3rd level management.
- Perform Quality Assurance related training.
- Maintain and update Quality Management System databases.
- Any other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Avionics Product Industry experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications required.
- Ability to work in highly visible, highly demanding environment.
- Ability to interact at all levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong knowledge of Root Cause Corrective Action Analysis techniques.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MySQL, Oracle EBS).
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills based on electrical/mechanical functional and technical knowledge, as well as solid planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to adjust communication styles for various audiences and work effectively within a multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment and contribute to positive team attitude.
- Ability to work unsupervised on multiple tasks, meeting tight deadlines and deliverables.
- Proven ability to work on problems and projects of complex/advanced scope.
- A bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering or related Engineering field is preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted for degree.
- 5 years of related Quality Assurance experience: with minimum 1 year of experience as the primary auditor in a highly regulated industry such as aerospace, medical device, automotive, or DoD related preferred.
- Existing certification to one of the following required: Certified Lead Aerospace Auditor, Certified Lead Quality Management System Auditor.
- Experience auditing to one or more of the following Standards desired: AS9100 or ISO9001.
- Experience in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Product Part Approval Process (PPAP) principles preferred.
- Experience in FAA Part 21 and FAR 145 regulations preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15% global travel