For more information on what's happening locally at Panasonic, visit and like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PanasonicSolar/
Panasonic Corporation is working to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) modules and cells for solar panels at the Riverbend factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role is to manufacture and supply our SHJ (Silicon Heterojunction) PV cells and modules that feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics, which result in more power than similarly rated solar products.
Panasonic’s unique technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business positions us as an industry leader, and we are focused on expanding our solar footprint in North America and beyond.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration and grow with it as operations continue to expand.
The most successful employees at PSNA are results driven and able to continuously adapt to an ever-changing startup environment. They report to work on time and never settle for anything less than the best. They work well in a team environment but also have the drive to succeed when they are on their own. A strong focus on fairness and honesty with a humble attitude are what defines our top performers. Is that you?
Currently, PSNA has an immediate opening available for a Quality Control Specialist.
Key tasks with respect to Quality Assurance Department:
- Responsible for overall maintenance and control of calibration program to include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate activities with Calibration Technician to ensure on-time calibration of measuring and test equipment. Interaction between production management and engineering personnel required
- Evaluate/compare measurement accuracy of test equipment to product tolerance requirements to ensure compatibility
- Evaluate calibration intervals/history to ensure balance between calibration efficiency and cost effectiveness of the program
- Provides a forecast of calibration costs for the quality department budget
- Perform/assist in calibration activities, as required
- Evaluate, analyze and provide summary reports for warranty returns
- Interact with Sales and Engineering departments to resolve customer issues and implement improvements
- Manage exchange inventory, as required
- Perform internal process audits as scheduled
- Assist external auditors during system audits by providing objective evidence to validate compliance to ISO standard
- In absence of the existing Lead Auditor (extended periods), shall assume Lead Auditor responsibilities
- Responsible to establish and maintain the surveillance audit program to verify adherence to and effectiveness of SOPs used in production operations. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Train surveillance auditors to perform audits in a structured, organized, and objective manner
- Perform surveillance audits as scheduled
- Document all surveillance audit findings; and
- Perform follow-ups on surveillance audit findings
- Prepare material for and participate in regularly scheduled meetings for representation, and promotion of quality at Panasonic
- Identify product/process improvement opportunities and assume a lead role in facilitating tasks through to completion. Ensure planned results/KPI’s are met or exceeded
- Assist Sr. QA Engineer with creation of ISO procedures, SOPs and Forms
- Assist Sr. QA Engineer overseeing the Quality Assurance tasks and processes, as required
Education & Experience: Degree required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Technical degree and Quality related experience preferred
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001: 2015 std required. 2+ years of experience within an ISO 9001 work environment preferred
- Auditing experience preferred
Competencies/Key desired behaviors;
- Technically oriented, strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Problem solving, innovation, collaboration, etc.
- Flexibility and Multi-tasking capabilities
- Anticipate needs and react to them before they are raised
- Strong change leadership skills, customer focus
- Ability to collaborate, form and facilitate teams
- Ability to work with domestic and international teams
- Diplomacy, persistence and persuasion abilities required
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Able to present information to top leadership, public groups, and or boards of directors
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, and employees, if required
Other Requirements: e.g., working conditions, physical requirements, travel, etc.
- The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate
- Some international/domestic travel may be required
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
What We Offer:
- Family-like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Solar North America (PSNA).