Quality Operations Manager
The Manager will serve as a liaison between engineering and non-engineering departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Establish and maintain quality controls systems in Panasonic’s battery manufacturing process
- Manage engineers, inspectors, technicians, and specialists to improve battery cell performance, safety, and quality
- Lead the Quality Control team to provide support to the cell manufacturing process to resolve production issues on cell quality and defect reduction
- Lead the Quality Control team to provide correspondence to customer’s complaints, claims, and auditing support requests
- Oversee Panasonic’s ISO quality management system construction and maintenance
- Facilitate subordinates’ education and training
- Other duties may be assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field from a four-year college
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), or Master’s degree of Science (MS)
- 5+ years Management experience is required
- Experience in quality control of batteries or within electronic devices in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with quality management tools including control charts, FTA, FMEA, etc.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience with laboratory analysis instruments including X-Ray, SEM, ICP, etc.
- Experience with ISO 9001 quality management system auditing
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Prior manufacturing and/or lithium ion experience is desirable
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America