Quality and Regulatory Compliance
· Ensure quality compliance with the aviation regulatory requirements and PAC quality policies and procedures.
· Maintain a quality system that is in compliance with the various aviation regulatory requirements such as SAR145, FAR145, EASA145, CCAR145, etc.
· Provide guidance and support to other departments in areas of quality and certification such as FAR Part 21.
· Ensure that scope of work is carried out per requirements and submit new scope of work to relevant aviation authorities for approval.
· Establish and monitor the customers’ satisfaction or dissatisfaction or complaints on matters related to quality.
· Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Safety Management Systems under the various relevant airworthiness authorities
· Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Workplace Safety and Health regulations as part of the safety committee.
· Focal contact for external quality auditors including customers’ quality auditors and aviation authority inspectors.
· Implement an independent quality audit program in which all quality and maintenance procedures are reviewed at regular intervals. Any observed non-compliance or deviation from standards is to be brought up to the attention of the person concerned via his/her supervisor, with a time scale for corrective actions to be completed.
· Establish and maintain the various exposition and manuals in accordance with the regulatory requirements.