About Panasonic Avionics
For over 35 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying.
Ensures the quality of all parts and products received for incorporation into final products sold by Panasonic from receipt to delivery to the customer. Enforce quality and reliability requirements in accordance with contracts, engineering drawings, customer specifications and established procedures. Maintains compliance with the AS9100 standards. Works closely with the QC Management team to support the workload and assist with maintaining the production schedule. Leads the department in daily activities
- Provides process control measurements or inspections as required by manufacturing processes. Provides samples and maintains a record of results when laboratory testing is required, and initiates immediate corrective action whenever results are unacceptable.
- Prepares and processes shipping documents in accordance with established procedures and regulations.
- Perform all product inspections (Receiving, In-process, Final, and Shipping) and tests in accordance with established quality standards, inspection plans, and test procedures. Provides input to Engineering that will continuously improve the effectiveness and utility of inspection and test plans.
- Provide verification of configuration control and serialized accountability as required by product documentation requirements.
- Provide audits of stockrooms (i.e. component parts, subassemblies, and assemblies) to assure adequate identification of parts, lot-control documentation, rotation of stock, and purging of obsolescent or discrepant material.
- Inspect items to be shipped for completeness, proper identification and paperwork, and required packaging.
- Oversee and direct the activities of all assigned personnel, ensuring all inspections are properly completed in compliance with established policies/procedures and the corresponding inspection records, reports, and forms are properly executed prior to releasing products ensure compliance to the company Operating Procedure and the ISO 9001 standards.
- Performs Source Inspections including traveling to suppliers for inspection of products, scheduling, recording and follow up activities.
- Provide in-process audits and post-packaging tests as required to support continued acceptance.
- Maintain records of inspections and product acceptance performance and provide summary reports as required for management use.
- Perform and lead “First article” and “FAA Conformity” inspections as required to verify Manufacturing (or Supplier) ability to control product conformance.
- Inspection analysis of all returned goods.
- Inspection service to Engineering and Project Management as required for the investigation of program problems.
- Provide certification compliance signature authority for customer product.
- Performs mechanical inspections on subassemblies or finished products to Engineering drawing and cosmetic requirements using standard measurement tools or tooling and visual assessment.
- Performs and conducting visual inspections, verification of components, subassemblies or finished products to Engineering drawings by confirming specifications & measurement tests.
- Inspect in-process parts and assemblies as they are built by manufacturing.
- Perform electrical continuity testing of electrical wiring or components per acceptance test procedures as applicable.
- Perform RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substance) and/or testing of components or raw materials as selected per company guidelines.
- Train staff on all current processes and procedures.
- Provide feedback and assessments on employee performance.
- Create, review and modify training materials to improve staff training program.
ANALYSIS AND REPORTING:
- Monitors daily reports for team performance and resource planning/allocation and makes adjustment recommendations to Management as business requires.
- Reviews and presents to Management team data for performance trends, time study analysis, and efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Assists Management team with developing new metrics/scorecards to measure processes and product flows
- Compile and review data packets for accuracy and completeness in preparation of FAA Conformity inspection.
- Conduct FAA Conformity Inspection IAW FAA 8110.4 in support of Panasonic or those applicants that have delegated their inspection authority.
- Ability to interpret Engineering drawings and Acceptance Test Procedures at an advanced level.
- Ability to function independently to resolve issues which may arise in the day-to-day work environment at an advanced level.
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities and build cooperative relationships is highly desired.
- Testing on Inspection, and Electrical and Mechanical Measurement, is a pre-requisite for this position.
- Proficient in mechanical measurement & electrical instruments and working knowledge with statistical tools and techniques, is a pre-requisite for this position
- Intermediate working knowledge of AS9100 and FAA regulatory requirements.
- Advanced knowledge with MS Office Suite applications
- Clear, Concise and Effective communication skills required.
- Attention to detail and Advanced level of problem solving is required to make the determination regarding product compliance with regards to specification, industry standards, and FAA requirements.
- Ability prioritize workload, manage multiple tasks and deliver projects on time in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. As a team leader, sets clear expectations, reviews progress, provides feedback to Management team.
- Analyze daily inspection outputs by incoming product mix and propose turn time standards to Management and adjust inspection output criteria based on feedback.
- Active participation in the recurring team huddle sessions
- AA degree in Electronic, or equivalent combination of technical education, training and experience (i.e. Technical School Apprenticeship or Electronics Certificate or Military Electronics Experiences)
- 7+ years in Quality Control/Inspection experience.
- Aerospace Industry experience preferred.
- 2 years previous leadership experience.
- Experience in Oracle, Net Inspect or Quality type applications preferred
- Requires lifting, pushing, and/or pulling boxes and/or carts (dolly’s) ranging from 5 to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Must support repetitive tasks of bending and twisting along with extended periods of standing, sitting and walking based on business requirements.
- Past experience with supporting Lean Manufacturing events preferred.
- Lead 6S activities for the department as required.
- Travel is required to support Source Inspection, First Articles, or Installation Activities at suppliers, OEMs, seat suppliers, and subcontractors. 15 - 20% of time to Domestic and International locations.
- Support overtime as the needed by the business.
- 50% sitting, 25% walking, 25% standing.
This role will not provide applicants with sponsorship employment benefits or work visas.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.