About Panasonic Avionics
For over 35 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying.
Determine and enforce quality and reliability requirements in accordance with contracts, engineering specifications, and established procedures. Provide laboratory testing services as required to support design certification and acceptance of all products and materials. Lead team in daily quality inspection activities.
Perform and Lead:
- All product inspections and tests in accordance with established quality standards, inspection plans, and test procedures. Provide inputs to Engineering that will continuously improve the effectiveness and utility of inspection and test plans.
- Perform and lead “First article” and “FAA Conformity” inspection as required to verify Manufacturing’s ability to control product conformance.
- Provide process control measurements or inspections as required by Manufacturing processes. When laboratory testing is required, provide samples and maintain a record of results. Initiate immediate corrective action whenever results are unacceptable.
- Verify configuration control and serial number accounting.
- Audit stockrooms (component parts, subassemblies, assemblies) to assure adequate environmental controls, identification of parts, lot-control documentation.
- Assure adequate calibration status for all measurement equipment and conformance with the company’s preventive maintenance program.
- Inspect items to be shipped for completeness, proper identification and paperwork, and required packaging.
- Maintain records of inspections and product acceptance performance. Provide summary reports as required for management use.
- Inspection analysis of all returned goods and provide a returned goods report (RGR) of findings.
- Inspection service to Engineering and Project Management as required for the investigation of program problems.
- Provide certification compliance signature authority for customer product.
- Proficiency with electrical/mechanical test equipment.
- Working knowledge of statistical tools and techniques. (Stat. Process Control Charts, Cause-and-Effect diagrams, Pareto analysis, Histograms, etc... )
- Understand the responsibility of working within an ISO 9001 managed and FAA regulated manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with Quality Management Systems AS9100. Affiliation with ASQ desired.
- Experience working under FAA FAR Part 21 and Part 145.
- Proficient with PC (MS office, etc...)
- A high level of problem solving is required to make the determination regarding product compliance with regards to specifications, industry standards, and FAA requirements.
- Analyze company process control documentation and FAA guidance to make determinations of overall compliance to regulations.
- Ability to recognize negative trends in supplier performance.
- Analyze supplier/interdepartmental performance and provide feedback as required to improve product quality.
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities highly desired.
- Ability to manage numerous detailed projects under a great deal of stress.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to lead a team.
- AA degree in Electronics, or an equivalent combination of technical education, training and experience (i.e. Technical School Apprenticeship or Electronics Certificate or Military Electronics Experience).
- 7 years Avionics Quality Control/Inspection experience.
- Travel is required to support collection of field quality data and support of Installation First Article Inspections at airframe manufacturers, seat suppliers, and subcontractors. 5-10% of time.
This role will not provide applicants with sponsorship employment benefits or work visas.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.