Determine and enforce quality and reliability requirements in accordance with contracts, engineering specifications, and established procedures. Responsible for all inspection aspects of Quality Control in performing mechanical and electrical inspections on manufactured, purchased and return products per design data requirements.
• Record and document each inspection process in accordance with company documented procedures
• Create rejection reports for non-conforming parts.
• Perform and validate First Article Inspections per AS9102 or Customer’s specification.
• Ensure test equipment is within the adequate calibration status period for all measurement equipment conforms to the company’s preventive maintenance program.
• Must be in compliance to the company documented Quality System and AS9100 standards.
• Periodically rotate to other functions performing required quality control activities to support business needs, this may require travel to remote locations.
• At time of shipment, verify configuration control and serial number accounting.
• Provide support of MRB activities including inspection of reworked product and acceptances.
• Perform RMA disposition and inspection activities for internal and external material returns.
• Prepare and present inspection status activity reports to Management as required.
• Performs mechanical inspections on subassemblies or finished products to Engineering drawing and cosmetic requirements using standard measurement tools or tooling and visual assessment.
• Performs and conducting visual inspections, verification of components, subassemblies or finished products to Engineering drawings by confirming specifications & measurement tests.
• Inspect in-process parts and assemblies as they are built by manufacturing.
• Perform electrical and/or mechanical function testing per Acceptance Test Procedures, as applicable.
• Compile and review data packets for accuracy and completeness in preparation of FAA Conformity inspection.
- Ability to interpret Engineering drawings and Acceptance Test Procedures at an intermediate level.
- Ability to function independently to resolve issues which may arise in the day-to-day work environment at an intermediate level.
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities and build cooperative relationships is highly desired.
- Testing on Inspection, and Electrical and Mechanical Measurement, is a pre-requisite for this position.
- Working knowledge of mechanical measurement & electrical instruments; familiarity with statistical tools and techniques, is a pre-requisite for this position
- Familiarity with working in AS9100 and FAA compliant environment.
- Intermediate with MS Office Suite applications
- Clear, Concise and Effective communication skills required.
- Attention to detail and Moderate level of problem solving is required to make the determination regarding product compliance with regards to specification, industry standards, and FAA requirements.
- AA degree in Electronic, or equivalent combination of technical education, training and experience (i.e. Technical School Apprenticeship or Electronics Certificate or Military Electronics Experiences)
- 4+ years in Quality Control/Inspection experience.
- Aerospace Industry experience preferred.
- Requires lifting, pushing, and/or pulling boxes and/or carts (dolly’s) ranging from 5 to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Must support repetitive tasks of bending and twisting along with extended periods of standing, sitting and walking based on business requirements.
- Past experience with supporting Lean Manufacturing events preferred.
- Contribute to 6S activities for the department as required.
- Travel is required to support Source Inspection, First Articles, or Installation Activities at suppliers, OEMs, seat suppliers, and subcontractors. 5-10% of time to Domestic and International locations.
- Support overtime as the needed by the business.
- 50% sitting, 25% walking, 25% standing.