If you are passionate about contributing to a sustainable future and being part of a dynamic team shaping the electric vehicle revolution, this opportunity is tailor-made for you. We are seeking dedicated individuals to join us as full-time, on-site team members at our new, state-of-the-art factory located in the thriving city of DeSoto, Kansas.
- Collaborate with the Quality Management and Operations teams to proactively identify process inefficiencies and areas for improvement within the battery manufacturing cycle.
- Utilize process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean to analyze data, identify root causes of quality issues, and implement effective solutions.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement process optimization projects aimed at increasing efficiency, reducing defects, and improving overall product quality.
- Participate in the design and execution of experiments to validate process improvements and ensure their effectiveness.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments of manufacturing processes to ensure compliance with quality standards and regulations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) to uphold quality and regulatory requirements.
- Generate reports on process improvement initiatives, highlighting key performance indicators (KPIs) and presenting findings to the Director of Quality and senior management.
- Contribute to the culture of continuous improvement by sharing best practices, providing training, and fostering a collaborative environment.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering), Quality Management, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s production processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
- Proven agility in all levels of work processes.
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction by seeking answers and a focus on team success.
- Able to make appropriate decisions when confronted with obstacles, think about them before acting, and consistently resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
At the heart of this visionary project, Panasonic is committed to manufacturing cutting-edge cylindrical lithium-ion cells that will power the future of electric mobility. These cells will be meticulously crafted to meet the growing demands of the automotive industry, supporting various electric vehicle manufacturers in their quest for eco-friendly transportation solutions.
This role presents a unique chance to be at the forefront of innovation, working within a forward-thinking organization that is committed to environmental responsibility and the advancement of green technology. Be a part of our mission to power the future and make a difference in the world of electric mobility with Panasonic!
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.