- Support specified assembly lines in creating and maintaining control over associated processes and products.
- Support production lines in resolving quality related issues while assisting in improving overall product quality and efficiency of the operation.
- Develop, Implement, and maintain quality Control Plans, identifying Critical To Quality (CTQ) features (process and product), warranty, customer concerns, internal cost of quality, FMEAs, CA/PAs shall be used to define the CTQ’s.
- Track Analyze, and report on quality metrics (First Pass yield, Cost of quality, DPPM, Line Issues, etc.)
- Lead CA/PA efforts, forming resolution teams, leading kaizens, and developing improvement projects, applying Lean-six Sigma principles.
- Participate on special project teams representing the quality team.
- Audit and verify compliance to work instructions, methods of assembly, quality measures, CTQs, etc.
- Assist with supplier issues, SCARs, and supplier audits.
- Analyze warranty and field issues and provide two-way communication between Field teams and factory.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Consistently demonstrate the Hussmann Behaviors for Success: Customer Focus, Respectful Courage, Personal Accountability, Team Player, Owner Mindset, Solution Driven, Challenge and Change.
- Actively promote and support plant QMS maturation efforts including use of Hussmann standard quality tools and systems. (A3, Intelex, LPAs, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7+ years work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in quality (Manufacturing)
- Competent use of inspection tools; measuring tools, hardness tester, comparator, etc.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of Hussmann management and external associates, in both written and verbal forms
- Mobility within work facilities including manufacturing sites
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- Refrigeration/ HVAC knowledge
- Strong computer skills (data bases), Microsoft Office Suite, MiniTab or other Statistical Software
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)
- Green or Black Belt Six Sigma Certified
- Supports Innovation
- Leads Quality Engineering Projects
- Proficient with AutoCAD and use of SolidWorks
This role is on-site and based out of our Cumberland City, TN location.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.