TO SUPPORT SPECIFIED ASSEMBLY LINES IN CREATING AND MAINTAINING CONTROL OVER ASSOCIATED PROCESSES AND PRODUCTS. SUPPORT PRODUCTION LINES IN RESOLVING QUALITY RELATED ISSUES WHILE ASSISTING IN IMPROVING OVERALL PRODUCT QUALITY AND EFFICIENCY OF THE OPERATION.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop, Implement, and maintain quality Control Plans, identifying Critical To quality (CTQ) features (process and product). Warranty, customer concerns, internal cost of quality, FMEAs, CA/PAs shall be used to define the CTQ’s.
- Track Analyze, and report on quality metrics. (First Pass yield, Cost of quality, DPPM, Line Issues, etc.)
- Lead CA/PA efforts, forming resolution teams, applying RCA techniques, leading kaizens, and developing improvement projects, applying Lean-six Sigma principles.
- Participate on special project teams representing the quality department as assigned by the quality Manager.
- Audit and verify compliance to work instructions, methods of assembly, quality measures, CTQs, etc.
- Participate in internal auditing.
- Assist with supplier issues, SCARs, and supplier audits.
- Analyze warranty and field issues and provide two-way communication between Field teams and factory.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks and projects as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree, ME or EE preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience
- 2+ years’ experience in quality (Manufacturing)
- Refrigeration/ HVAC experience, highly preferred
- Knowledge in the application of Total quality assurance concepts, methods, and techniques.
- High computer skills (data bases), Microsoft Office Suite, MiniTab or other Statistical Software.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)
- Green or Black Belt Six Sigma Certified
- Analyzing Information and implementation of approved process improvements (Six Sigma techniques)
- Assists in managing processes and manufacturing methods and procedures
- Supports Innovation
- Leads Quality Engineering Projects
- Good communications written and verbal
- Proficient with AutoCAD and use of SolidWorks is desirable.
- Competent use of inspection tools; measuring tools, hardness tester, comparator, etc