Panasonic - Quality Control Technician I (PENA)
- Conducting and implementing quality control systems for Li-ion battery manufacturing processes.
- Conducting incoming materials quality control in the warehouse for cell production.
- Helping establish quality control system in materials warehouse of battery production.
- Conducting inspection work for incoming materials including cell parts, battery active materials, and chemical materials for battery safety and performance.
- Helping analysis and evaluation of materials input/output data to reduce defects and improve battery performance.
- Providing support to cell manufacturing process auditing on materials to assure production quality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Familiarity with quality management tools (control chart, FTA, FMEA, etc.) and MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Practical experience with materials analysis, testing, and chemical analysis equipment.
- 3+ years of quality technician background is preferred
- Associate’s or Junior College degree in science or engineering field
- Experience using ISO 9001 quality management system auditing
- A background as a quality technician in high-volume manufacturing is strongly desired
- Extensive data analysis experience such as statistical process control of production data
- Experience in defect reduction of high-volume manufacturing products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.