Quality Control Inspector
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Helps establish quality control systems in battery production.
- Conducts inspection work on cells to determine if specifications are met.
- Carries out analysis to check for safety and performance from pre-production and mass production environments.
- Collects product data from the manufacturing process.
- Helps carry out analysis and evaluation of sample cell data through specific factors to reduce defects and improve battery performance.
- Provides support to the cell manufacturing process through audits on defect prevention to assure production quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Familiarity with quality management tools such as controls chart, FTA, FMEA, etc.
- Must possess excellent dexterity and nimbleness with repetitive hand motions.
- Must be comfortable with wearing a respirator.
- Practical experience with materials analysis, testing, and chemical analysis equipment.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to read product data sheets and confirm conformance of products to specifications.
- A.S. in a science or engineering field is preferred.
- 1+ years of quality control/quality inspection background is preferred.
- A background as a quality inspector in high-volume manufacturing is strongly desired.
- Experience in defect reduction of high-volume manufacturing products.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.