- Analyzing and evaluating materials and equipment influence in the process to determine root cause, reduce defects, manage non-conforming products, and feedback of technical information for corrective actions development
- Working in cross functional teams with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and quality members
- Conducting management work for quality performance to maintain battery cell safety and quality
- Providing support to the cell manufacturing process to resolve production issues with quality
- May work a shifted schedule (i.e. 4/10s, 7am-6pm, W-Sat or Sun-W)
- Other duties may be assigned.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Required: Bachelor's degree (B.S. in Materials Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar) from a four-year College or university
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively conduct root cause analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication and intrapersonal skills to establish productive internal and external working relationships
- Self-motivated, strong and demonstrated ability to work under deadlines
- Laboratory, materials characterization and analytical instrumentation experience (e.g. fume hoods, general laboratory practices and cleanliness, SEM/EDAX, CT, FTIR)
- Data mining and database (e.g. MySQL) experience
- Minitab, JMP or other statistical software experience
- MATLAB, Python or other programming language experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Problem solving skills and attention to details
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English
- Master’s degree (M.S. in Materials Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar) from a four-year college or university and/or a minimum of 3+ years of experience is preferred.
- Battery manufacturing experience and cycle performance testing
- Experience in high volume manufacturing environments and data mining
- Data analysis experience such as statistical process control of production data
- Familiarity with quality management tools (control charts, FTA, FMEA, etc.)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.