Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Establishing quality control systems in the battery production process.
- Conducting management work for quality performance to maintain battery cell safety and quality.
- Analyzing and evaluating process input/output data to reduce defects.
- Providing support to the cell manufacturing process to resolve production issues with quality.
- Monitoring and controlling production quality and implementing appropriate actions for out of control situations.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or similar) from a four-year College or university.
- 2+ years of quality engineering experience.
- Experience with quality control of batteries or electronic devices. Quality assurance work is desired.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively conduct root cause analysis.
- Familiarity with quality management tools (control chart, FTA, FMEA, etc.) and MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Problem solving skills and attention to details.
- Experience using ISO 9001 quality management system auditing.
- Experience with laboratory analysis using X-Ray, SEM, ICP, or similar tools.
- A background as a quality engineer in high-volume manufacturing is strongly desired.
- Data analysis experience such as statistical process control of production data.
- Experience in defect reduction of high-volume manufacturing products.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.