Quality Assurance Manager
Globally, Panasonic is committed to creating a better life and a better world, continuously contributing to the evolution of society and happiness of people around the world.
Locally, with this in mind, Panasonic Energy is making the worlds #1, highest performance and quality battery in a high-volume manufacturing environment. In order to achieve this exciting goal, we are committed to meeting our very strict quality and safety targets.
The Quality Manager will manage and build the quality systems and team by establishing procedures and KPI’s for our Li-ion battery manufacturing processes.
- Establish and maintain quality management systems in Panasonic’s battery manufacturing process.
- Manage engineers, inspectors, technicians, and specialists to improve battery cell performance, safety, and quality.
- Lead the Quality Assurance team to provide support to the cell manufacturing process to resolve production issues on cell quality and defect reduction.
- Lead the Quality Assurance team to provide correspondence to customer’s complaints, claims, and auditing support requests. POC of customer PCR (Process Change Request)
- Oversee Panasonic’s ISO quality management system construction and maintenance.
- Facilitate subordinates’ education and training.
- Quality KPI monitor EX.) Total Loss Cost Management
- QRRPRR (Quality Risk Recurrence Prevention Report) committee leader
- Emergency Quality Issue project (S1/S2 issue analysis representative of Quality LAB)
- Supplier Quality Assurance
- Metrology / Calibration
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B. S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field) from a four-year college or university.
- Experience including quality control of batteries or within electronic devices, in high volume manufacturing.
- Quality Supervisory experience highly desirable.
- Familiarity with quality management tools including control charts, FTA, FMEA, SPC, MSA, APQP, PPAP, etc.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience with laboratory analysis instruments including Organic (GC, LC, IC, FTIR, etc,), Inorganic(X-Ray, ICP, etc), Surface(SEM), Physical (CMM, Hardness, etc ) etc.
- Experience with ISO 9001 quality management system auditing, , understanding of IATF16949 quality system requirement
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to comprehend and apply quality control tools such as control charts, FTA, FMEA, Cause and Effect analysis, etc.
- Japanese fluency a plus.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a largescale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.