Since 1906, Hussmann International, Inc. has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today, Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world.
Hussmann serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and foodservice establishments.RESPONSIBILITIES (Capabilities):
1. A Qualified Technician implies that the candidate have basic knowledge of refrigeration systems, not in depth knowledge of any component or system. At this stage of the technician’s career he/she is on a quest for knowledge about refrigeration systems and components.
2. Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies and procedures including OSHA and any local authorities governing requirements.
3. The candidate should be able to identify the following parts: Compressor, condenser, metering device, evaporator, refrigerant used, system type (parallel rack, distributed, secondary glycol, CO2), case types (Meat, Dairy, Produce etc.), heat reclaim valve, heat reclaim coil, split condenser valve, discharge check valve, oil separator, defrost type, discharge pressure regulator, discharge line, drop leg, liquid line, receiver, receiver pressure regulator, condenser flooding valve, sub-cooler, thermostatic expansion valve, solenoid valves, check valves, liquid line dryer, sight glass, liquid header, discharge header, suction header, defrost header, defrost return header, oil floats, relief valves, relief valve header, suction line, suction line riser, suction line riser trap, liquid solenoid, evaporator pressure regulator, isolation ball valve, and differential valves.
4. Demonstrate the ability to identify and use the standard tools of the trade, including refrigerant recovery equipment.
5. Demonstrate the ability to braze copper-to-copper joints and use nitrogen while brazing.
6. Demonstrate the ability to properly attach a vacuum pump and vacuum gauges and know when a complete vacuum is reached.
7. Demonstrate the ability to draw a sketch showing the placement of major components in a refrigeration system including at a minimum: Compressor, condenser, metering devices, multiple evaporators, heat reclaim valve, heat reclaim coil, split condenser valve, oil separator, discharge line, drop leg, liquid line, receiver, receiver pressure regulator, condenser flooding valve, sub-cooler, liquid line dryer, sight glass, liquid header, discharge header, suction header, oil floats, relief valves, suction line, evaporator pressure regulator, and isolation ball valves.
• Have the Federal certification to handle and purchase refrigerants.
• High School/Equivalent required, Other technical diploma or Bachelors Degree Preferred.
• 2 years trade experience.
Strong mechanical aptitude skills
Driver’s license appropriate to local requirements and a safe driving record.
Physically able to climb ladders and to lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Company vehicle
- Incentive Plans
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Matching 401K
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer