QIP Maintenance Supervisor - Winding
Hardware & Process Engineering
The Quality Improvement Process Maintenance Supervisor specifies activities, processes, and standards to fulfill the quality requirements while focusing on process deviations and defects according to Panasonic’s quality standards and policies. The Supervisor leads manufacturing activities with the goal of cost reductions, managing schedules, quality objectives, directing daily operations, develop work assignments, and assesses staff performance to meet the initiatives set forth by the Senior Management Team. As an individual contributor, the Supervisor performs administrative tasks such as maintenance, distribution and recording of daily overtime and attendance. Additionally, the Supervisor proactively drives continuous improvement and development of technical competencies, talent, and performance. Furthermore, provides a safe work environment and takes timely corrective action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Lead, supervise, and direct QIP members to ensure starts and transfers are consistently achieved
- Hire, train, develop, engage, and motivate all team members to drive accountability and continuous improvement such as mistake proofing, lean manufacturing strategies, FTQ, positive and safe working environment, and operational excellence (quality, cost, and delivery)
- Ensure employees are adequately trained and certified to perform daily tasks
- Maintain a high degree of manufacturing floor presence to ensure manufacturing and staffing issues are addressed and to eliminate process holdups
- Understand basic machine function of all machines in the department
- Recognize troubleshooting methods and common machine interactions from a Quality perspective
- Be able to complete basic data analysis to determine root cause of high defect events
- Clear and concise articulation and collaboration among all levels of personnel
- Regularly monitor automatic data and re-prioritize maintenance work
- Actively supervise multiple shifts, promoting a positive environment that ensures teamwork and accountability within the manufacturing area
- Perform monthly one-on-ones, pay adjustments, and Career Development Plans for team members
- Lead regular informational and improvement team meetings
- Monitor compliance and safety rules, ergonomics requirements, 6S methodology, Visual Management, and other housekeeping standards
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective communication channels for production measurements and general business communication
- Enhance and influence support of Diversity and Inclusion
- Review and approve timekeeping system entries and vacation requests
- Recognize and reward teams and/or individuals in accordance with Panasonic’s reward & recognition guidelines
- Ensure Medtronic policies, practices, standards, and programs are consistently followed
- Collaborate and partner with other shift supervisors to ensure consistency of manufacturing practices across shifts and value streams
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Associates Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years as a supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional collaboration with employees on all levels in a professional, engaging, professional and constructive manner
- Excellent written and communication Skills
- Personal computer skills in a variety of software programs such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, inventory management system, and MES (manufacturing execution systems) that support the manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizational changes through data driven decisions
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Prior experience with manufacturing execution systems (MES) and inventory management systems (IMS)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous experience in a highspeed manufacturing environment
- Experience in a regulated environment (e.g. FDA or medical device)
- Lean Six Sigma and Just-In-Time manufacturing experience such as Lean Sigma Green Belt certification or higher
- ISO 9000 experience
- Understands Statistical Process Control
- Experience with preventative maintenance
- Experience using precision measuring tools
- Demonstrated ability to transform a workflow to a fully mature, efficient, and lean operation
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against production deadlines and goals
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 25%
- Walk: 25%
- Stand: 25%
- Lift: 25%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 20 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 35 lbs.: Continuous
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Continuous
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.