Hardware and Process Engineering
PENA is looking to fill the position of QIP Lead. The main responsibility for the position is to coordinate QIP daily activities, handle escalations inside and outside of the team, communicate with SVs and leadership from other teams smoothly. QIP lead will need to have all certifications of a QIP III in addition be capable to perform the functions of an operator to recover machines under their ownership. QIP Lead will have demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of fixes within at least one or two specific process groups.
- Follows all company and departmental policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain active communication with management and other employees about all job-related concerns and informs the Lead/Supervisor when problems occur. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Clearly understand team targets and able to make strategies to achieve targets
- Build collaborative work environment internally and externally
- Capable of using Tableau, MES, JMP fluently to obtain data to determine correlation and daily priorities.
- Lead the team to maintain target of defect rate and spindle cancellation with daily PDCA.
Handle escalations inside and outside of the team, communicate with SVs and leadership from other teams smoothly
- Understand the team efficiency, team actions, team issues, team limiters, action success rate and actively seek for systematically improvement
- Actively grow the team skills and provide individual career growth
- Have comprehensive machine knowledge of why defect happens, what inspection is conducted to reject cells and understand most known root causes to defects.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines, and basic understanding of electrical
- Well Understands mechanism of common mechanical parts, sensors, and vision system in the process.
- Able to fluently use precision tools like dial indicator, caliper, micrometer, etc.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all work done on the equipment and machines.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) and/or two years technical training
- Preferred: 2-year Associates degree in electronic technology or equivalent experience
- 5 years manufacturing experience with in-depth understanding of manufacturing equipment programming, maintenance, and repair
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Suite Programs, Tableau and MES.
- Must be accurate and a detail-oriented team player.
- Need general parts, electrical, and mechanical equipment understanding.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers. common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Sensitivity to customer needs and stringent delivery requirements
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team building skills
- High initiative and self-starter
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- 1-2 years of leadership experience preferred.
- Production Maintenance experience preferred.
- HPC/HPL experience preferred
- Experience with troubleshooting PLC based control systems desired
- Strong background in electrical troubleshooting highly recommended
- Welding and fabrication skills considered a plus
- JPM, Python and other data tool skills considered a plus
- Strong in Data Analysis to identify issues and implement countermeasure immediately followed by permanent corrective action
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and six sigma methodologies through application
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 20%
- Stand: 50%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.