Placement and routing of Printed Circuit Boards from engineering schematic diagrams while observing good layout techniques and industry standards.
- Reading, understanding, and interpreting electrical schematic diagrams and mechanical component specifications supplied by Hardware Engineering Group.
- Ability to set-up constraints (Net Classes and Net Properties) utilizing the Mentor Constraint Editor System, DxDesigner and Expedition PCB design tools.
- Place PCB components per engineer’s recommendations and industry standards.
- Route PCB including differential pairs, critical high-speed circuits and impedance controlled nets per engineer’s instructions and component specifications.
- Post process boards, find and correct design errors.
- Create a complete PCB documentation package including fabrication and assembly drawings, parts lists, and schematic diagrams utilizing good drafting techniques.
- Modify released documentation by generating Enterprise Change Orders and Change Requests, and working within a PLM system.
Education and Experience:
- 5-15 years’ Experience in complex, high-speed (up to 5Gbps) and/or high-power (up to 500W AC/DC power supply) PCB design using Mentor Graphics Expedition and Constraint Manager System.
- Schematic experience in Mentor Graphics xDx a bonus.
- Experience of DFM (including stackups, gerber and manufacturability checks)
- Ability to generate complete manufacturing packages, including fab and assembly drawings, to existing guidelines.
- Ability to perform quick concept studies for feasibility in addition to detailed and quality design suitable for manufacturing
- Experience working with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems like Agile, SAP, NX a bonus
- Good English written and spoken communication skills
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.