Placement and routing of extremely complex High Density Interconnect technology Printed Circuit Boards from engineering schematic diagrams while observing good layout techniques and industry standards.
PCB Routing and Layout Techniques
- Guide and instruct other PCB designers and function as a PCB team leader.
- Practiced ability to read, understand, and interpret electrical schematic diagrams and mechanical component specifications supplied by Hardware Engineering Group.
- Place PCB components per engineer’s recommendations and industry standards.
- Route PCB including differential pairs, critical high-speed circuits and impedance controlled nets per engineer’s instructions and component specifications.
- Expert in debugging schematic diagrams and set-up Net Classes and Net Properties utilizing Mentor Design Capture and Expedition PCB design tools.
- Provide training/guidance to other PCB designers on the use of the PCB Design tool.
- Post process boards, find and correct design errors.
- Create a complete PCB documentation package including fabrication and assembly drawings, parts lists, and schematic diagrams utilizing good drafting techniques.
- Modify released documentation by generating DCNs and ADCNs per instructions from DCRs and other sources.
Education and Required Experience:
- AA degree in an engineering related field.
- IPC CID+ certification.
- 12+ year’s of experience in a PCB Design/Engineering environments.
- Highly developed ability to communicate, in English, both in writing and verbally, with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, PCB designers and CAD librarians in order to fully explain and understand all of the issues and related problems that arise during the circuit board design process.
- Highly skilled specialist that contributes to the development of PCB design concepts and techniques.
- Ability to solve very complex HDI problems and issues that require independent action and a high degree of initiative.
- Highly detail oriented disposition with the ability to handle multiple PCB designs and assignments at one time.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks. Makes recommendations for new PCB design procedures.
- Ability to chair PCB design meetings and be able to suggest routing strategies and circuit enhancements on complex PCB designs.
- Requires instructions only on new technology assignments and can make recommendations for new procedures.
- 95% of the time sitting and operating a computer workstation.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.