Panasonic Connect - Project Manager, Welding
At Panasonic Connect, we connect the power of people and technology to change work, advance society and help connect to tomorrow. Empathy, results, relentlessness and teamwork are the foundations of the Panasonic Connect Culture. Our mission is to elevate the employee experience by empowering individuals to use their voice and have a positive impact on our business. As part of our team, you will push boundaries, take action, and face challenges alongside our customers to innovate experiences that define the changing world of work.
Watch this video to see how we connect talent to opportunity, work to tomorrow and solutions to purpose. Come join our journey!
What You'll Get to Do:
- Provide Project Management and Technical Sales support for a variety of solution based Sales projects and opportunities.
- Lead project teams and manage internal and external resources to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Typical projects will range from $100K to $1M and Project Managers are expected to support multiple projects of this size with other support staff.
- In this position, special emphasis is placed on accurate and timely reporting, maintaining project schedules and budgets, customer and vendor communications, and timely escalation of issues that could impact or prevent completion.
Project Manager Accountabilities:
- Responsible for overall project Profit and Loss under Director – will typically manage multiple projects simultaneously while supporting Business Development activities at the same time.
- Work with Systems Engineering, Contract Engineering, Factory and Implementation Staff to complete project requirements on time and on budget.
- Regularly report project and staffing issues to GM Delivery for Engineering and Project Management.
- Manage client expectations and interface with client personnel, working to build positive, long lasting relationships with all clients.
- Work with subcontractors, engineers, architects and consultants to provide complete system solutions for our customer.
- Provide a high level of leadership and guidance to field teams.
- Work with clients to achieve satisfactory completion and final project acceptance and signoff on all projects.
- Close coordination with the Sales, Operations and Service organizations is required at all times.
- Ensure proper documentation of all aspects of Project IE. Including safety compliance, Time line, drawings, user manual.
- Work within the project P and L budget
- Manage all subcontractors to on time on budget on scope performance and report to GM
- Determine staff needs and technical skills required to ensure performance on the project meets with customer expectations and Panasonic budget needs and requirements.
- Understand scope of work to create and submit change orders for out of scope work.
- Manage and form winning teams to execute projects on time, on budget, to complete customer satisfaction with minimal supervision.
- Includes writing scopes of work for subcontractors and evaluating and negotiating those scopes of work.
Business Development Accountabilities:
- Acts independently to support customers and sales in winning unsolicited project opportunities.
- Understands technical, operational, management and sales related issues of customers and staff in the Automotive markets.
- Travel as needed to support projects and sales opportunities.
- Support technically challenging engineering requirements with sophisticated software and hardware needs on projects that are very large and technically diverse.
- Support customer design requirements from conceptual design through “As Built” phase of the design process.
- Continue to maintain technical capabilities in the following technical areas Robot and systems, Welding machine, PLC programing, automation control systems, interactive display control systems and technologies that support these technically welding systems.
- Follow established Engineering and Project Management standards and guidelines to the fullest extent possible given the specific needs of the customer.
- Support sales staff on technical aspects to provide arc welding solutions, electrical and mechanical machine components specifications
- Perform reach, access, and cycle time studies
- Expand vendor data base and maintain vendor selection matrix
What You'll Bring:
- Manage projects, internal staff assigned to projects, field staff assigned to projects, subcontractors, as well as the client. Individual is responsible for managing client expectations, project profit and loss, project expense, project design, project schedule, project procurement and management of project subcontractors and related budget.
Education and Experience:
- Requires an Associates or BS in the fields of Automation, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or other related Bachelors degree and experience in Arc welding industry
- Prior experience in project management integrating Arc Welding Solutions is required. Knowledge may be focused in a particular market segment like automotive industry.
- Understanding of arc welding process, robot programming, system controls PLC, HMI, pneumatics, and communication protocols
- Capable of reading and interpreting 2D and 3D, system lay-out drawings, electrical prints, pneumatic prints, fixture design drawings including tolerance stack-up and tuning, sensor functions
- Associate Project Managers must be capable of working with subcontractors including electrical and mechanical contractors, engineering and design professionals, etc. in a high pressure dynamic production environment.
- Must be capable of solving complex project and engineering challenges with minimal assistance. Focus on and promptly manage through any sensitive or critical project issues.
- Communicates with other Panasonic engineering staff and Executive Management, key customers, executive and project management staff for our clients and partners.
- Up to 70 percent travel, primarily to various locations in North America where projects are being executed. May require international travel to validate product functionality and receive factory sign off. Adherence to corporate travel and entertainment policy is required.
- Capable of lifting over 50 pounds, standing for long periods on factory floors, and maneuvering in factory production environments and confined spaces to execute technical activities.
- Capable to define colors especially green, red, blue, black and yellow. These colors are for identify electric pole.
- Capable to handle industrial tools such as screw driver, wrenches, pliers etc.
- Ability to work with partners different time zones
- “Get the job done” mentality
What We Offer:
The salary range of $90,000 –$130,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives
- High Performance Culture
- A focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Rewards and Recognition
- Learning & Development Opportunities Across Multiple Business Units
- Competitive compensation packages
- Hybrid work model
- Comprehensive benefits
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Volunteer time off
- Total Well Being Program
- Employee Referral Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.