Project Manager II, Product Obsolescence – Hybrid
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/
We are currently working remotely until March 2022 and will offer a hybrid/remote work schedule once we return to our new offices in Irvine.
Coordinate and manage a cross functional team (ABU (Osaka), Engineering, Material Planning, Product Managers, Procurement, Repair/ Maintenance and Regions) for the termination and lifecycle management of Product/System. Manage various projects stemming from component obsolescence. Ensure the overall company readiness for product/system obsolescence management.
Company Wide – Obsolescence Process Improvement
Managing on-going obsolescence activities
- Facilitate Obsolescence Review Board (ORB) meeting based on the component/LRU obsolescence
- Analyze the necessary information and coordinate with the Product Managers to drive the ORB.
- Participate with Phase list evolution to manage the lifecycle of the products (including of 3rd Party, Systems, Applications)
- Manage projects stemming from component obsolescence
- Provide customer satisfaction while managing obsolescence issues to both internal and external clients.
- Gather and analyze data from various internal and external sources
What we’re looking for:
- 4 year college degree in a technical field (preferably in EE or CS).
- MBA with emphasis in marketing, finance or MIS preferred.
- 5 years’ experience with project or product management with emphasis on cost modeling and/or product/system life cycle management plus an additional 5 years’ experience in the aerospace, aviation, technical airline operations, IFE or related industry experience such as networking or consumer electronics preferred. (10 total years of experience required.)
- Manufacturing and engineering design process knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and keep projects on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, customers and a diverse range of internal organizations via all methods of communication.
- Exposure to IFE, avionics, or other aircraft related products.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to read situations and apply diplomacy and tact in communications needed to perform duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively and participate in select meetings with internal related departments and/or suppliers (3rd Party) providing in depth product expertise.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time and may be tasked with ensuring work of others is completed in a timely manner.
- Possess strong cross organizational leadership skills.
- Above average proficiency in mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project).
- Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines general methods and procedures for work and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Create and present to executive management on difficult issues.
- Ability to mentor junior staff.
- May require up to 15% domestic and or international travel to non-customer sites.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.