Panasonic – Project Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Play a lead role in customer projects that involve the implementation of one or more of Enterprise Process Innovation Center (EPIC) manufacturing software solutions --- Maintenance Management System and Process Tracker. These projects are typically complex and involve digital transformation, business process change, software configuration/implementation/integration, all with the goal of delivering cost savings and/or other manufacturing efficiencies to the customer. Due to their complexity, cost, and the involvement of customer executive sponsors in these projects, an individual with deep skills in manufacturing, maintenance, business process improvement/transformation, manufacturing software solutions, customer success management, and effective communications is required. In addition to customer projects, the person in this role will collaborate with EPIC’s software sales team to provide solutions consulting support, to include discover/assessment activities, presentations, ROI/business case development, and solution recommendations, as part of the sales process. In the near-to-medium term, this is an individual contributor role.
- Accountable for operational excellence of assigned customer projects/program(s), with duties including business process improvements/transformations’, cost benefit analysis, solution configuration recommendations, executive communications.
- Develop processes and tools that encourage continuous performance improvements. Responsibilities include development of business and operational processes that improve efficiency and raise customer satisfaction. Thoroughly understand the business strategies and operational models and the resulting processes that are developed.
- Identify and develop solution improvement opportunities through proactive engagement with customers, industry experts, and internal staff, and ensure that these initiatives are well aligned with the corporate solutions roadmap.
- Effectively communicate with customer executives in a variety of forums, including project reviews, steering committee meetings, and day-to-day interactions.
- Serve as solution delivery expert for the design & implementation of assigned application areas.
- Establish relationships with and effectively manage solution delivery partners to ensure both success of customers projects, as well as profitability for Panasonic.
- Collaborate with Software Sales Managers and other stakeholders to develop business proposals, presentations and provide specialized manufacturing solution expertise in support of software sales cycles.
- Assist with developing new sales opportunities by acting as a ‘trusted advisor.’ Potential target companies include Panasonic facilities, Panasonic manufacturing customers and other high tech and electronics manufacturers.
- Work as a business partner with client leaders & users to evaluate/improve manufacturing processes & arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the industry and of methodologies
- Day to day leadership of one or more customer projects or sub-projects.
- Facilitate team collaboration through an ongoing program of effective communication and knowledge management.
What You’ll Bring:
- Supervision responsibilities include playing a lead role in customer projects.
Education & Experience:
- Advance degree (BS/BA or higher) with a high degree of academic achievement, in an engineering discipline is preferred.
- Strong business background, with significant client interface experience and exposure to business development.
- Broad working knowledge of Manufacturing processes /techniques.
- 6 – 8 years of project leadership experience, that ideally includes years of successful technology implementation projects.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing process automation methodologies including Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma.
- High Level Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution Skills
- Project Management
- Organize and Manage in a Dynamic, Complex Environment
- Strong written, negotiation and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high level internal/external contacts, are required.
- Frequent travel is required for this position, up to 50%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.