Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Project Manager III is responsible for planning and managing company resources to execute development project or project components from design phase through implementation. Interprets market requirements and converts to engineering and program deliverables. Identifies and communicates project scope and ensures project milestones and objectives are met. Ensures effective communication between technical and non-technical functions. Coordinates project schedules, monitors budgets and assigns tasks. Keeps management informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results.
- Ensures alignment of all Engineering resources throughout the project duration.
- Creates ROM and detailed Project Schedules based on team/resource inputs and company wide priorities.
- Maintains a detailed project health and reporting status for all assigned projects and milestones throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage issues and risks throughout the delivery process.
- Maintains a detailed project plan (scope, cost, schedule) and reporting status for all assigned projects and milestones throughout the project lifecycle.
- Predicts resources and schedule concerns and reports to management before they become an issue.
- Manages multiple programs in parallel.
- Takes a leadership role in Program Management throughout the organization.
- Identifies key internal/external stakeholders necessary for project completion and develops overall strategy for executive high value projects.
- Actively assists on projects that require senior input and feedback.
- Contribute to portfolio status.
- Communicate portfolio issue and risk.
- Plan and manage portfolio consisting of multiple deliveries or projects.
- Maintain a holistic view of portfolios in respect to business priority.
- Resolve resourcing aligning to PMO and account directive.
- Address, plan, and resolve portfolio changes.
Leadership in Process and Engineering Principals
- Suggests process improvements based on projects lessons learned.
- Supports management in feature discussion meetings as they relate to an assigned software project.
- Familiarity with Waterfall and or Agile software methodology, including terms and processes.
- Hosts retrospectives and lessons learned discussions at the end of a project.
- Coordinates feature discussion meetings for an assigned project in which a given feature is impacted.
- Interprets detailed user stories from passenger and crew perspectives for multiple features and applications in an agile development environment.
- Takes a leadership role in continuous process improvement of PJM Processes.
- Consults with management on providing process improvement suggestions based on project data and completion experience.
Cross Function Collaboration
- Collaborates with Project, Program, and Account Management teams to ensure alignment with overall project delivery to an airline customer.
- Works internally with Project Managers / Scrum Masters to ensure project delivery per high level schedule.
- Work with Technical and Business product owners to understand and explain technical and functional requirements for development or enhancement.
- Identify and communicate areas of escalation.
- Takes a leadership role in cross functional communication by understanding the needs, inputs, and outputs of other teams and ensuring that all projects being managed meet the needs fully by preparation and evolution throughout the projects lifecycle.
- Manage and address areas of escalation.
- Lead colleagues in continuous improvement efforts of PJM processes, gathering improvement suggestions and presenting to management.
- Document hurdles (both technical/functional and process) that are encountered during a projects duration, and publish the issues and solutions to a central location where colleagues can review.
- Actively host training sessions with colleagues on project prioritization methodology, process improvement, resource allocation, risk mitigation, project gates.
- Encourage a culture of collaboration within the working teams by encouraging active communication and participation.
What we are looking for:
- Proficiency in project management development methodologies and processes with ability to apply engineering principals to software development project management.
- Experience in Project Management within Avionics or Software Entertainment industry.
- Experience in successfully and efficiently managing multiple priorities in parallel with unique issues and solutions.
- Effective communication and presentation skills to upper level management.
- Experience in creating and maintaining, and evolving leadership training curriculum as it applies to assigned projects.
- Very good knowledge of Waterfall and Agile software methodology.
- Ability to oversee multiple aspects Engineering development by different teams in parallel.
- Proven experience and delivery success as a Project or Program Manager in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain focus and stay organized in able to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity of Waterfall and or Agile methodology, terms and Processes.
- Solid communication skills including concise written and verbal skills.
- Strong Planning, Project Management, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to integrate customer insights and requirements.
- Working knowledge of MS Project, Atlassian Tool Suite including JIRA, Confluence, and other collaboration & project management tools.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to works on project issues.
- Strong Analytical for technical and functional document review and taking action based on review results.
- Organize and lead technical reviews and gain stakeholder approval.
- Proven experience developing solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity, innovation, and creativity.
- Ability to lead and manage teams of Engineers on multiple projects, running in parallel towards a common goal.
- Knowledge of current software technologies and frameworks, cloud services, toolkits, and awareness of what is applicable for a given situation.
- Understanding of the company’s Engineering processes, products, and future vision.
- Experience in managing a large Portfolio of projects.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or, a non-engineering degree with hands-on experience in technical/engineering product development delivery.
- Plus, 5+ years of software/hardware development and integration experience or 5+ years experience in program management in software, electronic systems and/or hardware.
- Certification in Scrum (CSM, CPO), PMP Preferred.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.