Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Project Manager II leads a cross-functional team responsible for managing Engineering activities required to fulfill commitments for an airline customer program.
- Definition of Project Scope
- Participate in the development and analysis of customer requirements.
- Identify all customer deliverables which may include production items (mechanical, electronic and/or electromechanical assemblies), software, media, customer racks, documentation and systems.
- Creation of Project Plans
- Identify internal deliverables which may include plans, schedules and other documents, prototypes, test equipment, software, test racks and more.
- Identify and secure resources required for all project tasks.
- Coordinate the procurement and selection of parts, materials and components with suppliers.
- Lead the team to establish a comprehensive, end-to-end project plan and schedule to which the team has “buy-in”.
- Tracking & Project Execution
- Maintain and manage to the project plan and schedule.
- Lead the team to coordinate design, development, documentation, integration, test and certification activities across functional groups to meet committed deliverables to customer schedule, cost and technical requirements.
- Manage third party development.
- Apply standard techniques, procedures, processes and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Coordinate pre-production and design transfer to manufacturing.
- Coordinate initial customer deliveries.
- Conduct well planned, effective meetings which drive actions.
What we are looking for:
- B.S. degree or higher in EE or CS or related degree/experience.
- 5+ years of software and/or hardware engineering development experience.
- 7+ years experience in project management of software, electronics, mechanics, and/or circuit design.
- Expert ability to employ continual process improvement.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to manage customer interface, provide status updates to management, and to interface with different engineering groups.
- The role requires excellent communication skills, ability to see the “big picture” and ability to direct efforts appropriately on prioritized tasks.
- Exceptional time management skills combined with a skilled ability to multiplex across different tasks/programs while tracking and maintaining issues.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft MS Office products, Excel, Project, Visio and Oracle.
- Demonstrated and proven ability to effectively and professionally work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment and meet stringent deadlines.
- Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time and may be tasked with ensuring work of others is completed in a timely manner.
- Some travel to various sites as required, up to 20%, to support in-field problems.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.