Definition of Project Scope
• Participate in the development and analysis of customer requirements.
• Identify all customer deliverables which may include production items (mechanical, electronic and/or electromechanical assemblies), software, media, customer racks, documentation and systems.
Creation of Project Plans
• Identify internal deliverables which may include plans, schedules and other documents, prototypes, test equipment, software, test racks and more.
• Identify and secure resources required for all project tasks.
• Coordinate the procurement and selection of parts, materials and components with suppliers.
• Lead the team to establish a comprehensive, end-to-end project plan and schedule to which the team has “buy-in”.
Tracking & Project Execution
• Maintain and manage to the project plan and schedule.
• Lead the team to coordinate design, development, documentation, integration, test and certification activities across functional groups to meet committed deliverables to customer schedule, cost and technical requirements.
• Manage third party development.
• Apply standard techniques, procedures, processes and criteria to engineering assignments.
• Coordinate pre-production and design transfer to manufacturing.
• Coordinate initial customer deliveries.
• Conduct well planned, effective meetings which drive actions.
• B.S. degree or higher in EE or CS or related degree/experience.
• 5+ years of software and/or hardware engineering development experience.
• 7+ years experience in project management of software, electronics, mechanics, and/or circuit design.
• Expert ability to employ continual process improvement.
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to manage customer interface, provide status updates to management, and to interface with different engineering groups.
• The role requires excellent communication skills, ability to see the “big picture” and ability to direct efforts appropriately on prioritized tasks.
• Exceptional time management skills combined with a skilled ability to multiplex across different tasks/programs while tracking and maintaining issues.
• Proficient experience with Microsoft MS Office products, Excel, Project, Visio and Oracle.
• Demonstrated and proven ability to effectively and professionally work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment and meet stringent deadlines.
• Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time and may be tasked with ensuring work of others is completed in a timely manner.
• Some travel to various sites as required, up to 20%, to support in-field problems.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
Project Manager II
Definition of Project Scope
As a global policy, Panasonic does not recognize resumes or other application materials submitted from staffing agencies and search firms outside of our system. Therefore, please do not submit resumes or other application materials through the external Panasonic web site or directly to our employees. Any resumes or other application materials submitted through the external web site or directly to employees of Panasonic or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates will not be eligible for any agency fee, and the resume and other application materials will be added to our database for direct recruitment.
Panasonic assigns only certain positions to approved staffing agencies and search firms that have a current agreement with Panasonic in place. Not all positions are eligible for an agency fee.
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.