Panasonic – Project Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
Lead project teams and manage internal and external resources to complete projects on time and on budget. Typical projects will range from $100K to $1M and Project Managers are expected to support multiple projects of this size with other support staff. In this position, special emphasis is placed on accurate and timely reporting, maintaining project schedules and budgets, customer and vendor communications, and timely escalation of issues that could impact or prevent completion.
- Responsible for overall project Profit and Loss under Director – will typically manage multiple projects simultaneously while supporting Business Development activities at the same time.
- Work with Systems Engineering, Contract Engineering, Factory and Implementation Staff to complete project requirements on time and on budget.
- Regularly report project and staffing issues to GM Delivery for Engineering & Project Management.
- Manage client expectations and interface with client personnel, working to build positive, long lasting relationships with all clients.
- Work with subcontractors, engineers, architects and consultants to provide complete system solutions for our customer.
- Provide a high level of leadership and guidance to field teams.
- Work with clients to achieve satisfactory completion and final project acceptance/signoff on all projects.
- Close coordination with the Sales, Operations and Service organizations is required at all times.
- Ensure proper documentation of all aspects of Project IE: Safety compliance, Time line, drawings, user manual.
- Work within the project P/L budget
- Manage all subcontractors to on time on budget on scope performance and report to GM
- Determine staff needs and technical skills required to ensure performance on the project meets with customer expectations and Panasonic budget needs and requirements.
- Understand scope of work to create and submit change orders for out of scope work.
- Manage and form winning teams to execute projects on time, on budget, to complete customer satisfaction with minimal supervision.
- Includes writing scopes of work for subcontractors and evaluating and negotiating those scopes of work.
- Acts independently to support customers and sales in winning unsolicited project opportunities.
- Understands technical, operational, management and sales related issues of customers and staff in the Automotive markets.
- Travel as needed to support projects and sales opportunities.
- Support technically challenging engineering requirements with sophisticated software and hardware needs on projects that are very large and technically diverse.
- Support customer design requirements from conceptual design through “As Built” phase of the design process.
- Continue to maintain technical capabilities in the following technical areas: Robot and systems, Welding machine, PLC programing, automation/control systems, interactive display control systems and technologies that support these technically welding systems.
- Follow established Engineering & Project Management standards and guidelines to the fullest extent possible given the specific needs of the customer.
- Support sales staff on technical aspects to provide: arc welding solutions, electrical and mechanical machine components specifications
- Perform reach, access and cycle time studies
- Expand vendor data base and maintain vendor selection matrix
- Manage projects, internal staff assigned to projects, field staff assigned to projects, subcontractors, as well as the client. Individual is responsible for managing client expectations, project profit and loss, project expense, project design, project schedule, project procurement and management of project subcontractors and related budget
- Requires an Associates or BS in the fields of Automation, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or other related Bachelor’s degree and experience in Arc welding industry
- Prior experience in project management integrating Arc Welding Solutions is required. Knowledge may be focused in a particular market segment like automotive industry.
- Understanding of: arc welding process, robot programming, system controls PLC, HMI, pneumatics, communication protocols
- Capable of reading and interpreting 2D and 3D: system lay-out drawings, electrical prints, pneumatic prints, fixture design drawings including tolerance stack-up and tuning, sensor functions
- Associate Project Managers must be capable of working with subcontractors including; electrical / mechanical contractors, engineering and design professionals, etc. in a high pressure dynamic production environment.
- Must be capable of solving complex project and engineering challenges with minimal assistance. Focus on and promptly manage through any sensitive or critical project issues.
- Communicates with other Panasonic engineering staff and Executive Management, key customers, executive and project management staff for our clients and partners.
- Up to 70% travel, primarily to various locations in North America where projects are being executed. May require international travel to validate product functionality and receive factory sign off. Adherence to corporate travel and entertainment policy is required.
- Capable of lifting over 50 pounds, standing for long periods on factory floors, and maneuvering in factory production environments and confined spaces to execute technical activities.
- Capable to define colors especially green, red, blue, black and yellow. These colors are for identify electric pole.
- Capable to handle industrial tools such as screw driver, wrenches, pliers etc.
- Ability to work with partners different time zones
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.#LI-BP1