Responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, executive, control and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments, and goals of the organization. Coordinates new product launch / VAVE / BCP / 4M change project oversight and management to ensure schedule, quality, cost, and delivery targets are achieved with closely working with project members including other regions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Works closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is captured correctly.
- Serves as the interface for customer and project team issues.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on new assignments.
- May be informal team leader and mentors/guides the work of other project team members.
- Strong understanding of the latest and evolving customer requirements, internal project operation process and tools in order to drive project execution correctly.
- Uses project management skills to manage project roles, identify resource requirements, assemble the project team, meet training needs, define project deliverables and related tasks, provide customer satisfaction, reporting structures and to ensure the quality of projects.
- Works on assignments that are diverse in scope, moderately complex and requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Provides expertise and input with regards to the development of reporting standards, project plan, schedule and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring of all key program milestones, timing, open issues and providing feedback and key insights to management, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Responsible for ensuring that effective reporting and documentation including dashboards and scorecards are produced on a routine cadence.
- Leads project meetings, prepares agendas and publishes minutes and tracks project actions and status. Follows up on all outstanding actions timely and provides frequent report status to stakeholders and project team members.
- Communicates and collaborates with extended team members as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
- Participates in the creation, management and disbursement of reports, charts, graphs, ad hoc data, workflows and other statistical information and responds appropriately. Monitors and develops reports for projects.
- Owns the development of presentations shared with project team and key stakeholders to represent project status, progress and where assistance is required.
- Reviews and makes recommendations as to the setup of processes and procedures aligned to reporting requirements of the project.
- Drives work stream status reporting and activity tracking processes to ensure alignment with strategic direction of the project.
- Identifies and monitor any issues/risks/internal dependencies to portfolio/program/project success and maintains mitigation plans to manage them throughout the project life cycle. Informs leadership of key issues that may impact project completion, budget, or other results.
- Leads requirement sign off meetings by assisting in preparation of documents and presenting requirements. This could include organizing meeting times and locations, updating a project schedule and ensuring that all necessary parties are aware of project deadlines.
- Communicates with the project members to give updates on the project schedule, informing of project deadlines and any new developments in a project's status.
- Manages and prioritizes procedures for changing scope and overall change management. Leads and coordinates customer change requests from request and impact assessment to delivering using appropriate systems and processes.
- Four-year college degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent technical degree required.
- Theoretical and Practical project management knowledge and experience required.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of Project Management, Program Management or related experience required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or related certification preferred.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management preferred.
- Specific experience in electronics manufacturing company preferred.
- Experience with project management software, such as Microsoft Project required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced excel skills required to include working knowledge of pivot tables and excel formulas.
- SAP/ERP implementation experience preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.